Were You Cool With Any Teachers in High School?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Yeah in Flushing H.S I had a History teacher named Mr. Gibbs and a math teacher named Mr. Leon (Both Black men). Both of these teachers were phenomenal in the way they related and taught our classes.

Mr. Gibbs was notorious for having us read to the point we use to joke he probably got his kids books for Christmas.

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
I had this white drama teacher in 10th grade who was a huge Pac fan and we bonded over that. I even burned her a CD with some unreleased tracks of his. She was mad cool but left during the year to be with her husband (he lived in Indiana and she was pregnant with their first child).

Everyone was cool with Mr. G. who was a well respected black man. I never had him as a teacher but he was always around looking out for us. My school had these fraternity/sorority type groups for the seniors which he ran. He also used to run the snack bar. Mr. G. was big on trying to get us to college and encouraged us in one case to go on this 2 day trip to Ohio U. (which only me and another breh did despite everyone else saying they would go smh). Unfortunately cancer took out Mr. G. my senior year. Everyone felt that shyt. He had been at the school for many years and had impacted many like my older sister and brother. My brother was struggling at times and Mr. G. made sure that he still graduated.
fukk cancer. :mjcry: