Were You Cool With Any Teachers in High School?

Daps
Mr. Gonzalez - really good Econ teacher, that kind of pointed me in the right direction. Didn't become an economist but realized finance/accounting/business was the path I wanted instead of law school.

Wife thinks I'd make a good doctor and I probably would have if we had better science teachers. My school was weak at science compared to math and other subjects.

Ms. Cherry - dark haired brunette from Louisiana. Awesome geometry teacher and she was fine as fukk. 40/24/40 type body with the cute Bob haircut and the shiniest green eyes I've ever seen. She would wear this red top with them apple bottom jeans :whoo:

Mrs. Brooks - elementary teacher that insisted I stay away from knuckleheads. She knew I was capable of going far and regularly called my parents if I got in trouble. Of all the teachers, she might have cared more about me than anyone. It worked because while I kept hanging out with knuckleheads in Jr High.....I didn't let them drag me down (stayed an A student and avoided detention, suspensions etc).

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I absolutely loved my 1st and 2nd grade teachers. I still remember them to this day.

8th grade history and 9th grade Biology teachers were cool.

Everyone else was ass.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Hella teachers. My fave was my AP history teacher, dude was a super history nerd and reveled in how hard his class was, basically the highest you could get in his class was a B+, but he had a policy if you got a 5 on the AP exam you’d get an A. I gloated so hard when I got my A. He was also my Econ teacher senior year and was one of the teachers to do my college recs, but he died suddenly on his birthday which is Valentine’s, he was only 34 - with a 2yrs old and 2 month old. That shyt hurt me bad :to:

There was also our like vice principal/disciplinarian. We weren’t supposed to wear spaghetti strap or tube tops without something coviering it. He used to be on us, so we decided to join him by pointing out people for him to harass over dress code, that became the homie, we’d mess with him at lunch time occasionally

Lastly was my world religion teacher. She was one of them incense and meditation people, she was always so positive and calming and would introduce you to all sorts of spiritual and mental health practices. As an adult, I’m sure she was high most the time lol

We had great teachers and staff at my high school, it waa easy to be cool with most of them.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Did yall bond over anything in particular when you were her student?

Which 1?
My Learning Mentor it was maybe she saw herself in me when she was younger so she instinctively knew had to put out my attitude.
We could talk about school work, music, boys, movies and my future aspirations. She got locs one day and I was like yh when I hit 21 I'm gonna do the same....
They don't make them like that anymore 🌟

My Drama teacher was a middle aged white lady and she wore black every single day.
We bonded over Brecht and she gave me the highest grade in class for our final written exam.

When she offered me a job she basically said 'there's some girls here that need your help, they achieve high grades however their behaviour issues are hindering them, I think could relate to you'

So I went back and did my thing and Mentored them just like how I was Mentored.
All of my students finished school and went on to further education or gained apprenticeships. They did their thing too. Hopefully some are Mentors now too and so forth....

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I had a learning and behaviour Mentor in school called Yvette

Big Up Yvette I spent more time chilling in her room listening to music and doing my work there then in actual class.

I spent so much time with her I forget all my teachers except for my Drama and Theatre studies teacher. Big up Miss A. She actually gave me a job in the school when I left for college.

When I got that job my learning mentor and I became colleagues and we grew even closer.
She cool with my mum too. It only takes one educator that actually gives af to make a big change in a student.
I think I luv ya...I just wanna hear dat accent once

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had some dope ass teachers. I had a 8th grade art teacher. Asian with the baddest middle eastern girlfriend.

Fam changed my life. Lent me 36 chambers and i never listened
To hiphop the same again.

Never on some buddy buddy shyt. But theres a lot of good people who go jnto teaching.

Because it aint for the money or instant gratification.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Mr Guy. Positive Black Man who was the Head of Year. Tried to put us up on game. I should've listened more. Post school, he helped my friend's Nonprofit Organisation. Real stand up man.

Miss Wallace, an Afrocentric History teacher. She taught me how to research.Pulled me aside and told me about how society treats kids like me. Said that I had talent and that I was wasting it.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
MyAf-Am History teacher Mr. C was cool as hell.
Older cat but I was on my Back consciousness thing since high school so he dug some of the points I made in class.
He would chop it up with me a little bit before class sometimes.
My Honors English teacher took a liking to me but I didn't engage too much cuz I think she wanted some young D.
She ended up writing me a recommendation letter.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
if you can learn how valuable it is to respect every individual & every interaction you will have a gift that lasts forever & evermore

school is the first stage to learn how to politic

a lot of students dealt with faculty like enemies & made their life harder..........

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I fought one of my high school coaches in the weightroom after school. He got fired for it cause someone snitched but we'd honestly squashed it :salute:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
A math teacher when I was about 9 :wow: I'll never forget him. He's the reason why I was able to pass math with no sleep.

In High School, I was cool with every teacher except two. I think they all liked how indifferent I was, but I did the work and respected them as a person. The two that had problems with me were Africans :mjpls:African woman just couldn't tolerate my indifference, and had one sided beef with me :mjlol: The man I spoke to man to man. Told him I don't appreciate the disrespect, he said he respected me coming to him personally, shook hands, and we were cool

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Not on the same level as OP but there are two teachers I still think about to this day. The first taught me in 9th grade and was the first teacher I ever felt actually gave a damn about me. I remember making an intentional effort to do well in her class so that I wouldn't disappoint her.

The second probably had the biggest impact on my life. I had recently changed schools and was so far behind the other students in that subject. She gave me extra lessons at her place over the weekend for a couple of months and from that time I never failed another test in that subject all the way through university and I've now made a career out of it. Like the first teacher, I always put in extra effort in her class out of fear of dissapointing her. She was an amazing woman and I feel as though she's the only teacher that ever really understood me. There are things she would say about me that I didn't understand at the time but do now.

Sadly she passed away about 10 years ago at a ridiculously young age and left behind her husband and young daughter (She was probably in her mid 40's).

Thank you for everything, Ms V. I wish you could see me today :mjcry: