Were You Cool With Any Teachers in High School?

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
...Or faculty?

Felt like making a thread.

I had a math teacher name Mr. Leon. Was one of the younger and more "liked" teachers in the school. He will flip his lid and get in your face if you disrespected him tho.

I sucked at math so I would go to his tutoring sessions on top of being in his class. We actually became cool. Would sit down sometimes and chop it up about anything. He put me on to the show 24 and let me borrow his DVDs, asking me to watch the series. Then I'd come back and we'd talk about the show and shyt. I dont think I got any better at math, but good dude for sure.

When I was in high school I had a lil bit of a old school music phase. Mostly 60s and 70s music of all genres. I began buying lots of t-shirts of my favorite old school artists, bands, and albums. At least two teachers--an art teacher and I think history--became cool wit me over a shared taste in music. The art teacher was a younger dude. The other was a short balding middle aged guy. They would put me on to music and artists, and were genuinely excited to talk with me after class mostly about art, music and other non-class related shyt. I wish I can remember their names.

Those three stood out to me the most.

Were you cool with any of your teachers or faculty in high school?

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I had a learning and behaviour Mentor in school called Yvette

Big Up Yvette I spent more time chilling in her room listening to music and doing my work there then in actual class.

I spent so much time with her I forget all my teachers except for my Drama and Theatre studies teacher. Big up Miss A. She actually gave me a job in the school when I left for college.

When I got that job my learning mentor and I became colleagues and we grew even closer.
She cool with my mum too. It only takes one educator that actually gives af to make a big change in a student.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
I dated a girl who’s older sister was a teacher if that counts. Had to toss her ass to the side :camby:

Funny thing is, her older sister was my brothers teacher :pachaha: was salty af about the breakup and tried to back door my brother. He slam dunked the class though :salute:

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
I had a learning and behaviour Mentor in school called Yvette

Big Up Yvette I spent more time chilling in her room listening to music and doing my work there then in actual class.

I spent so much time with her I forget all my teachers except for my Drama and Theatre studies teacher. Big up Miss A. She actually gave me a job in the school when I left for college.

When I got that job my learning mentor and I became colleagues and we grew even closer.
She cool with my mum too. It only takes one educator that actually gives af to make a big change in a student.

Did yall bond over anything in particular when you were her student?

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not really.Was kicked out or flunked out of different schools almost every year.Had this one hippie teacher though that would come to school high like us so we got along.I don’t know.That’s it really.Some I’d still like to strangle when I think about em.

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
My oldest brother was dating one of my teacher's little sister when I was In 4th grade.:ehh:

She was always nice to me because of that.

Then they broke up and she tried to fail me :damn:

I dated a girl who’s older sister was a teacher if that counts. Had to toss her ass to the side :camby:

Funny thing is, her older sister was my brothers teacher :pachaha: was salty af about the breakup and tried to back door my brother. He slam dunked the class though :salute:

:skip:

russell-westbrook-nba.gif

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my friends mom who was an english teacher, otherwise no

i was like a persona non grata truant once i started smoking weed. i guess my football coach too, but once i quit he was just on my ass acting like a cop/narc too. :francis:

i had some good elementary/jr high school teachers i was cool with before that tho

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
My 9th grade Biology Teacher...had 38GG and very black elbows and dark skin. I would skipp football practice for tutoring just hoping I could get a hug or she would take advantage of my crush on her....but no...she didn't and I always suffered punishment at practice when I went :francis:

Daps
the coach teachers. i played ball so they know me and i was probably on my best behavior around them anyway
even one of the boys coaches let me sleep in his history class almost everyday :blessed: (like, idk if he saw me but i'm sure it was obvious)

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Daps
Reppin
the coach teachers. i played ball so they know me and i was probably on my best behavior around them anyway
even one of the boys coaches let me sleep in his history class almost everyday :blessed: (like, idk if he saw me but i'm sure it was obvious)
You slept during history??? :picard:

Idda been scared to sleep in class. Our coached would shadow us and watch us and then punish us.

Hills..backwards
Stadium runs
And bear crawls

Nope

Daps
You slept during history??? :picard:

Idda been scared to sleep in class. Our coached would shadow us and watch us and then punish us.

Hills..backwards
Stadium runs
And bear crawls

Nope

it's not like i tried to. maybe it was a habit i formed but i fall asleep so easily during presentations even to this day. presentations and flights i be out like a light. if im in bed though, it takes a long time :mindblown:

but nah, he wasn't my direct coach so he couldn't do shyt to me in practice :aicmon:

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

Daps
Reppin
it's not like i tried to. maybe it was a habit i formed but i fall asleep so easily during presentations even to this day. presentations and flights i be out like a light. if im in bed though, it takes a long time :mindblown:

but nah, he wasn't my direct coach so he couldn't do shyt to me in practice :aicmon:
You so gangsta with ya tall orange ass

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
thats dope. sounds like u had some good teachers.

positive role models are underrated.

unfortunately a lot of teachers don't actually care about the students.

maybe things would have been different for me if I said teachers like that..... :to: