Were Kids ALWAYS Like This?

Were kids always like this?

• Nah these ipad babies are fukked up & brainrotted beyond repair

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Yes, you’re just getting old OP. Kids today are the same as they always were

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I don’t know mang….I just don’t know

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I swear this what I been tryna tell folks.

Only thing I disagree with is the hanging out with parents thing. When my momma turned 50 I took her out to the hookah lounge. I done chilled and drank with my momma multiple times on get togethers.
:yeshrug:

I wasnt really talking about hanging out with your parents as a grown adult. I meant when you see adults out and interacting with young people today, you can hardly distinguish the difference in energy. Adults back then had adult energy imo. You see adults and kids talking today,theres hardly any juxtiposition. Sitting around talking about "Yall been watching the YSL trial:mjlit:". My mama talking to me and my friends like peers wouldve looked like a spoof lol .Maybe our parents just let themselves ago alot earlier,at least their youth. Gen X and Millienals clinging on for dear life:mjlol:. So its hard to knock kids for how they act when alot of these adults act like they want to be peers with,and get approval from the youth:gucci:

Do kids even have examples to follow of what maturing looks like? Im sure it will happen naturally eventually. But better examples i believe would quicken the proccess.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
I wasnt really talking about hanging out with your parents as a grown adult. I meant when you see adults out and interacting with young people today, you can hardly distinguish the difference in energy. Adults back then had adult energy imo. You see adults and kids talking today,theres hardly any juxtiposition. Sitting around talking about "Yall been watching the YSL trial:mjlit:". My mama talking to me and my friends like peers wouldve looked like a spoof lol .Maybe our parents just let themselves ago alot earlier,at least their youth. Gen X and Millienals clinging on for dear life:mjlol:. So its hard to knock kids for how they act when alot of these adults act like they want to be peers with,and get approval from the youth:gucci:

Do kids even have examples to follow of what maturing looks like? Im sure it will happen naturally eventually. But better examples i believe would quicken the proccess.

That's how my momma do my sister (29 y/o). My sister would sit around and smoke, drink, cuss and all that. Yet my momma look at me funny if I said DAMN
:stopitslime:

Plus the grandkids get babied. Me and my brother couldn't get away with half the shyt they let these youngsters get away with. It's like adults gave up on life in recent times
:wow:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Mannnnn. I was at dinner with my girl and her sister, and her sister has a son that is raised by an iPad and she took it away for him to eat and he went gotdamn crazy. He went crazy to the point where I left. I changed my mind and went to McDonald's, I wasn't about to sit there and be embarrassed by a fukkin toddler doing backflips out of anger and knocking other people's plates off their table. His mom was trying to reason while he was literally swiping appetizers like a tinder match and I was like take that Lil bad ass nikka outside and barbecue them ribs but she like nah. So I left. I left her and that crazy ass boy right there at Logan's.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Mannnnn. I was at dinner with my girl and her sister, and her sister has a son that is raised by an iPad and she took it away for him to eat and he went gotdamn crazy. He went crazy to the point where I left. I changed my mind and went to McDonald's, I wasn't about to sit there and be embarrassed by a fukkin toddler doing backflips out of anger and knocking other people's plates off their table. His mom was trying to reason while he was literally swiping appetizers like a tinder match and I was like take that Lil bad ass nikka outside and barbecue them ribs but she like nah. So I left. I left her and that crazy ass boy right there at Logan's.

I can't stand these demonic ass kids these days.
How you gone be bad and a punk ass at the same time?
:what:

If you gone be bad, least be tough.
If you a str8 bytch, then sit down and be good.
:birdman:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ipads/tablets aren't bad, you just have to monitor the time and more importantly the content they watch, leverage the technology to your/their advantage.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
There has never been a time when kids were collectively angels across the board. Anybody believing otherwise was never a kid or was an aggressive style top tier grade A square growing up

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Instant gratification, sugar, and raising them on iPads. nikkas think books are corny but books literally strengthen Focus :yeshrug:

Have to give them the right books.
Which most parents will still fail at.
Most parents will just further indoctrinate their kids into what society is trying to program them to be letting them read any and everything.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
The things that kids were pulling off when I was a kid would make national headlines today.

These kids today are tame AF in comparison.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
exactly. As adults, we have similar concerns, but we are better able mostly to handle those judgements, who to trust, and why. And realize things aren't as crucial as you think in high school.

I was on a different level in high school, was making my own money selling cocaine at like 17 years old, ran with everyone, had access and social capital wherever and whenever I wanted it or needed it. Never questioned my social status or friends. Or even thought about it. but that's not normal lol

read this piece about the way teens obsess over the find my friends app, like they feel excluded, not only did you not get an invite to the kick party or party or whatever, you have the physical proof. There is no more plausible deniability. Or group chats. Who gets included and who doesn't. All the mechnaics of something like Tik or Ig. Liking people's videos. Making sure people like your yours. Friends requesting your own friends on instagram.

I know ADULTS who obsess over that kind of shyt.
Yup my fourteen year old niece was on that she wasn't able to hang out with her friend group and she was devastated ...I never had that issue my friends got together most days after school and if I or one of my friends were unavailable/wasn't around we just :manny: and tried again the next day.

I feel like everything sociale is magnified with kids these day