Were Kids ALWAYS Like This?

Were kids always like this?

• Nah these ipad babies are fukked up & brainrotted beyond repair

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Yes, you’re just getting old OP. Kids today are the same as they always were

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I don’t know mang….I just don’t know

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

JNew

Superstar
Daps
It will be interesting to see in the next 20-30 years how these kids develop.

I believe they will probably be very smart, be able to efficiently multitask, teach themselves complex skills and have a good fundamental understanding of mostly everything.

But on the flip side there will probably be a good portion that will stay stuck on stupid.

HumanS are evolving.

Geode

All Star
Daps
Kids are different, but social media has amplified regular kid shenanigans. Kids are exposed to things a lot more and starting at a much younger age. Also the time period of being a kid is longer, so we're seeing fukkery from 10-24. Older generations had a short period of being young and stupid, before they had to start getting their shyt together to be something close to functioning adults. Of course there were opportunities for them to do so, but that's another topic.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah kids been bad as fukk since the beginning of time. It’s just more apparent now with social media giving us glimpses into everyone’s lives.

Who are yall comparing these kids too exactly? These kids are definitely far worse than weve ever seen. Based on the fact they dont perform the distinct role of a child.

1)respecting authority/elders
2)Dont have any sense of formality

We were definitely as bad as kids today. But we were bad in our own vaccuum. We didnt go around acting bad cussing,being nasty,being ignorant in front of mama:gucci:? And generally in public we knew how to conduct ourselves and had situational awareness. There were far fewer kids who just gave zero fukks at all times. Those were the nikkas that got wrote off as probably being a little bit slow and couldnt help themselves. Narrowly escaped the shortbus by the thinnest of margins. Then when you add in the lack of emotional intelligence and oversexualization things get even worst. Yall need to stop the coddling and open your eyes ASAP. Keep your children safe from these g.m.o kids if you can.

And no im not blaming the kids. I blame Gen-x and millienals who allowed our kids to do and say whatever. All because we wanted to be "cool" parents and not feel old:martin:

I could never imagine my mama fitting in or hanging out with me or my sisters. Now parents and teachers could hang out with kids,carry on a natural conversation like they peers and it wouldnt even look or seem akward:respect:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Yes but kids can't be blamed for a world they didn't create. The only difference is the level of convenience. It's no different than parents in the 80s and 90s letting TV talk to their kids while they were in the other room. I guess it's how you view the perception. :manny: What's going on now is just an evolution of what we encountered but on the negative side.
It's not about putting a blame on somebody. It's just the truth is the truth, no matter what the cause.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Again, would point to the idea that society kind of operated, understandably so, from somewhere between helplessness and total adoration of social media around 2008. So, as a 38 year old, a lot of my friends or some of them HAD kids around 2010 or so, and therefore, weren't aware of the impact it would have on themselves.

Around 2017, I would notice at family parties with friends who had kids, all the kids on the IPad, for what seemed like hours, and without judgement really, the topic would sometimes come up. A lot of the parents kind of took the stance of "what are we going to do", 7 years later, I think many parents understand that some kind of guidelines are needed, but probably a lot of the time access to Ipads or phones or whatever is just used as carrot vs stick.

being a high school kid where everyone has social media, has to be just SICK (in the bad way) from my frame of reference.

- constantly worried about things like group chats, friend requests, unfollows, tagged in pics

-in the high drama of YA relationships, nude pics, intimate texts revealed at any time to your social circle and the whole school

-constant status anxiety through social media, the ability for upper middle class kids to curate a 'better' social media feed

all that stuff is already present in high school, from 20 to 40 years ago, but the ease and the depth of which it can now be explored is pretty horrifying.
It is. I remember having to wait till 8pm to see the first rated R movie on HBO. Now a five year old can watch a police shooting or whatever on their tablet. :francis: Again, this is failure among adults but kids will be blamed.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
It's clearly worse. It's not even a question at this point. There's conferences held biannually to share new techniques on how to keep users engaged on their phones/tablets.

These devices were MADE to keep the user's attention. There hasn't been anything like this before in recorded history.

How many studies need to be written on this :mjlol:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
It's clearly worse. It's not even a question at this point. There's conferences held biannually to share new techniques on how to keep users engaged on their phones/tablets.

These devices were MADE to keep the user's attention. There hasn't been anything like this before in recorded history.

How many studies need to be written on this :mjlol:
we headed for dark times breh...:wow:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kids aint changed...the world around them has.

Adults dont have patience or attention spans due to technology...how you expect kids to act when thats all they know? Adults believe all kinda baseless BS, whine when they dont get their way, do anything for attention, and throw tantrums. Look at how the fukking 80 year old former fukkin president behaved on Tuesday. What you want from kids? :heh: :mjcry:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Again, would point to the idea that society kind of operated, understandably so, from somewhere between helplessness and total adoration of social media around 2008. So, as a 38 year old, a lot of my friends or some of them HAD kids around 2010 or so, and therefore, weren't aware of the impact it would have on themselves.

Around 2017, I would notice at family parties with friends who had kids, all the kids on the IPad, for what seemed like hours, and without judgement really, the topic would sometimes come up. A lot of the parents kind of took the stance of "what are we going to do", 7 years later, I think many parents understand that some kind of guidelines are needed, but probably a lot of the time access to Ipads or phones or whatever is just used as carrot vs stick.

being a high school kid where everyone has social media, has to be just SICK (in the bad way) from my frame of reference.

- constantly worried about things like group chats, friend requests, unfollows, tagged in pics

-in the high drama of YA relationships, nude pics, intimate texts revealed at any time to your social circle and the whole school

-constant status anxiety through social media, the ability for upper middle class kids to curate a 'better' social media feed

all that stuff is already present in high school, from 20 to 40 years ago, but the ease and the depth of which it can now be explored is pretty horrifying.
this shyt has always been a scary thought for current kids. everything they do would be catalogued, but only the worst shyt would spread like wildfire.

get into a fight and lose? its not just a topic for school, but you have the whole damn world judging and laughing at you.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Who are yall comparing these kids too exactly? These kids are definitely far worse than weve ever seen. Based on the fact they dont perform the distinct role of a child.

1)respecting authority/elders
2)Dont have any sense of formality

We were definitely as bad as kids today. But we were bad in our own vaccuum. We didnt go around acting bad cussing,being nasty,being ignorant in front of mama:gucci:? And generally in public we knew how to conduct ourselves and had situational awareness. There were far fewer kids who just gave zero fukks at all times. Those were the nikkas that got wrote off as probably being a little bit slow and couldnt help themselves. Narrowly escaped the shortbus by the thinnest of margins. Then when you add in the lack of emotional intelligence and oversexualization things get even worst. Yall need to stop the coddling and open your eyes ASAP. Keep your children safe from these g.m.o kids if you can.

And no im not blaming the kids. I blame Gen-x and millienals who allowed our kids to do and say whatever. All because we wanted to be "cool" parents and not feel old:martin:

I could never imagine my mama fitting in or hanging out with me or my sisters. Now parents and teachers could hang out with kids,carry on a natural conversation like they peers and it wouldnt even look or seem akward:respect:

I swear this what I been tryna tell folks.

Only thing I disagree with is the hanging out with parents thing. When my momma turned 50 I took her out to the hookah lounge. I done chilled and drank with my momma multiple times on get togethers.
:yeshrug:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
this shyt has always been a scary thought for current kids. everything they do would be catalogued, but only the worst shyt would spread like wildfire.

get into a fight and lose? its not just a topic for school, but you have the whole damn world judging and laughing at you.

exactly. As adults, we have similar concerns, but we are better able mostly to handle those judgements, who to trust, and why. And realize things aren't as crucial as you think in high school.

I was on a different level in high school, was making my own money selling cocaine at like 17 years old, ran with everyone, had access and social capital wherever and whenever I wanted it or needed it. Never questioned my social status or friends. Or even thought about it. but that's not normal lol

read this piece about the way teens obsess over the find my friends app, like they feel excluded, not only did you not get an invite to the kick party or party or whatever, you have the physical proof. There is no more plausible deniability. Or group chats. Who gets included and who doesn't. All the mechnaics of something like Tik or Ig. Liking people's videos. Making sure people like your yours. Friends requesting your own friends on instagram.

I know ADULTS who obsess over that kind of shyt.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My nephew is 15 and plays varsity football as a sophomore. He could give two shyts about where the iPad is.

He will game on the Xbox for a couple hours at a time. But he's just in that lazy teen stage/growing where he will just be laid out, stretched out on the couch or his bed. He's 6'2 225 though.

He doesn't really be on his phone too much either. His ass will leave it out on the patio all night or it'll be dead on the kitchen counter. When he does talk on the phone he's like us, 20 second dialogues. "come through, I'll be ready in 10" "nah, I'm busy today, maybe later this week, aight late."