Were Kids ALWAYS Like This?

Were kids always like this?

• Nah these ipad babies are fukked up & brainrotted beyond repair

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Yes, you’re just getting old OP. Kids today are the same as they always were

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I don’t know mang….I just don’t know

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Are young kids today more fukked up & brainrotted than kids of previous generations or was it always like this?

Just witnessing the behaviour of some of these kids in stores nowadays bruh…..:scusthov:seems like their brain is fried and they have no attention span. Even my lil niece will go nuts if she doesn't have her ipad. I know temper tantrums were always a thing with every generation but do kids nowadays seem…worse or is it the same as it always was?

Last edited:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Are young kids today more fukked up & brainrotted than kids of previous generations or was it always like this?

Just witnessing the behaviour of some of these kids in stores nowadays bruh…..:scusthov:seems like their brain is fried and they have no attention span. Even my lil niece will go nuts if she doesn't have her ipad. I know temper tantrums were always a thing with every generation but do kids nowadays seem…worse or is it the same as it always was?
It's just you sounding old and forgetting how things were when you were young.

Edit: In the 90s, kids either got their asses kicked or killed for wearing the wrong color t-shirt. Let's know forget the number of people who got hurt wearing Jordans. IMO the 80s was probably the last decade that created environments for kids to grow and flourish. Now if its not monetized, the youth don't get shyt other than boredom and we know the problems that can come from that.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
To think that smartphones/Ipads/social media/apps haven't had a significant impact on kids is not reasonable.

it's had a huge impact on adults. The impact on kids depending on their access is for sure there.
I'll agree. :francis: ........and add many parents are not monitoring what their kids are looking at which is a problem itself.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
As someone who taught in the 2000s and is teaching now.....kids aren't "worse" in a moral sense, but they are much much worse at certain things and I think cell phones / social media are the vast majority of the problem.

Lack of attention span, lack of social awareness, sleep deprivation, and a general malaise and disinterest in life are all impacting them a ton and all of those things can be traced back to cell phone addiction.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I'll agree. :francis: ........and add many parents are not monitoring what their kids are looking at which is a problem itself.

Again, would point to the idea that society kind of operated, understandably so, from somewhere between helplessness and total adoration of social media around 2008. So, as a 38 year old, a lot of my friends or some of them HAD kids around 2010 or so, and therefore, weren't aware of the impact it would have on themselves.

Around 2017, I would notice at family parties with friends who had kids, all the kids on the IPad, for what seemed like hours, and without judgement really, the topic would sometimes come up. A lot of the parents kind of took the stance of "what are we going to do", 7 years later, I think many parents understand that some kind of guidelines are needed, but probably a lot of the time access to Ipads or phones or whatever is just used as carrot vs stick.

being a high school kid where everyone has social media, has to be just SICK (in the bad way) from my frame of reference.

- constantly worried about things like group chats, friend requests, unfollows, tagged in pics

-in the high drama of YA relationships, nude pics, intimate texts revealed at any time to your social circle and the whole school

-constant status anxiety through social media, the ability for upper middle class kids to curate a 'better' social media feed

all that stuff is already present in high school, from 20 to 40 years ago, but the ease and the depth of which it can now be explored is pretty horrifying.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It definitely make kids impatient & impulsive. You gotta treat kids & technology/entertainment as a balancing act, while keeping oversight on what they’re doing when they’re at a certain age. There’s no excuse if you have child(ren). A lot of us with boomer and older gen x parents were simply too flabby the time the internet became a mainstream commodity. They weren’t able to keep up with the rapid advancements in technology. We were basically on our own growing up in a world that became connected in the blink of an eye, so a lot of us had to learn how to utilize and compartmentalize things that are actually productive vs things that are a waste of time. There’s no excuse for millennial & younger born people with kids. They’re either lazy or ignorant their damn selves.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
It's just you sounding old and forgetting how things were when you were young.

Edit: In the 90s, kids either got their asses kicked or killed for wearing the wrong color t-shirt. Let's know forget the number of people who got hurt wearing Jordans. IMO the 80s was probably the last decade that created environments for kids to grow and flourish. Now if its not monetized, the youth don't get shyt other than boredom and we know the problems that can come from that.
Do you not see how kids have zero social skills because they are on devices all day everyday watching BS? They have access to shyt they have no business having access to at a very young age. Kids are not the same and it's not even debatable

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Nah kids are different and it's due to low attention spans.

This.

Kids and their parents live on tiktok..

It's literally rotting their brain. Training the mind to "switch channels" every 10 seconds with sounds and images that stimulate the whole range of emotion...

A nonstop mind fukk.

Somebody at my job few weeks ago was telling me nipsey hustle was assassinated by the FBI because he found a cure for AIDS, and the mf was serious. I was like where you hear that?... This mf said with a straight face "I saw it on tiktok"

Strange times we live in :francis:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Do you not see how kids have zero social skills because they are on devices all day everyday watching BS? They have access to shyt they have no business having access to at a very young age. Kids are not the same and it's not even debatable
Yes but kids can't be blamed for a world they didn't create. The only difference is the level of convenience. It's no different than parents in the 80s and 90s letting TV talk to their kids while they were in the other room. I guess it's how you view the perception. :manny: What's going on now is just an evolution of what we encountered but on the negative side.