Wentworth (PIFF Australian female prison series)

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This episode is a recap ep..... Even this was dope to watch too... I'm ready for the finale.... :myman:

Edit: just got the finale link.... Watching now

Edit Edit: Yooooooo they brought back an old favorite (not a character) yall will smile when you hear it.... :wow:

Ahh man, how do I say goodbye. :mjcry:

I remember starting this thread like it was yesterday and now the show is over. :mjcry: Can't believe it's been eight years already. :wow:

Definitely smiled when I heard
the OG theme song at the beginning, but even more at the Prisoner Cell Block H theme song at the end credits from which this is show is a reboot of! I was literally :ohhh: and wasn't expecting that one at all. I used to watch that show with my mother as a kid back in the 90s. :mjcry:

They got those old episodes on youtube so you can see the original Ferguson, Frankie, Bea and all the others.

I was actually really glad that
Ferguson got away! :russ:There had to be some final fukkery from Ferguson with her snapping Ann's neck and the "she killed my goldfish" line. :mjlol: She (Ann) and those stupid ass agents deserved to die for letting that bomb in the prison all in the name of politics. I didn't expect her to save Vera but then I remembered that she has a soft spot for little babies so it made sense that she redeemed herself in that way.

I'm also glad that everybody out the crew survived, especially my girls Rita and Ruby. I know it's kind of cliche and cheesy, but fukk it. Queen of the South had a happy old ending too and it worked, so can Wentworth.

I thought dumbass Jake was gonna get killed at some point, or even Linda but at least they survived. I'm glad the homey Will Jackson made it too.
Lou Kelly!:pacspit: I knew Judy was gonna die but I'm glad Rita caught her before she escaped and arrested her. You ain't going nowhere bytch :umad:

Those bloopers during the end credits. :mjlol: Cast in movies and shows always act the goofiest behind the scenes.

What would have made the finale even better IMO is if they did some kind of three years later..... showing where all the characters are now....kind of like The Wire. Nonetheless, it was a solid ending.

Damn I hate that feeling when you get attached and then the show is over. :mjcry:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Jaw dropping finale.... I ain't no bytch but I teared up during this final ep.... Gonna miss this show... :mjcry:

:wow: Roller coaster of piff for almost nine years.

Ahh man, how do I say goodbye. :mjcry:

I remember starting this thread like it was yesterday and now the show is over. :mjcry: Can't believe it's been eight years already. :wow:

Definitely smiled when I heard
the OG theme song at the beginning, but even more at the Prisoner Cell Block H theme song at the end credits from which this is show is a reboot of! I was literally :ohhh: and wasn't expecting that one at all. I used to watch that show with my mother as a kid back in the 90s. :mjcry:

They got those old episodes on youtube so you can see the original Ferguson, Frankie, Bea and all the others.

I was actually really glad that
Ferguson got away! :russ:There had to be some final fukkery from Ferguson with her snapping Ann's neck and the "she killed my goldfish" line. :mjlol: She (Ann) and those stupid ass agents deserved to die for letting that bomb in the prison all in the name of politics. I didn't expect her to save Vera but then I remembered that she has a soft spot for little babies so it made sense that she redeemed herself in that way.

I'm also glad that everybody out the crew survived, especially my girls Rita and Ruby. I know it's kind of cliche and cheesy, but fukk it. Queen of the South had a happy old ending too and it worked, so can Wentworth.

I thought dumbass Jake was gonna get killed at some point, or even Linda but at least they survived. I'm glad the homey Will Jackson made it too.
Lou Kelly!:pacspit: I knew Judy was gonna die but I'm glad Rita caught her before she escaped and arrested her. You ain't going nowhere bytch :umad:

Those bloopers during the end credits. :mjlol: Cast in movies and shows always act the goofiest behind the scenes.

What would have made the finale even better IMO is if they did some kind of three years later..... showing where all the characters are now....kind of like The Wire. Nonetheless, it was a solid ending.

Damn I hate that feeling when you get attached and then the show is over. :mjcry:

Before this season if someone told me Ferguson was going to be redeemed I would have balked at that idea like I did when Heroes flipped Sylar. :dead: The turn feels earned here though.

:whew: Most of my favorite characters survived this shyt. Still remember how nervous I was for Doreen and Frankie after how they did Bea Smith.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
By the way, the Aborigine actress who played Doreen is a huge RIDER for Black/Indigenous people in Australia, but seeing how :mjpls: that country is and the fact they are like 40 years behind in terms of race relations, she's had to put up with a lot of shyt that just wouldn't have been tolerated here and in the states.

Login • Instagram

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
By the way, the Aborigine actress who played Doreen is a huge RIDER for Black/Indigenous people in Australia, but seeing how :mjpls: that country is and the fact they are like 40 years behind in terms of race relations, she's had to put up with a lot of shyt that just wouldn't have been tolerated here and in the states.

Login • Instagram

I should have known but still surprised me when I found out how high key racist they were. There was a TLR thread not too long ago about an Australian game show that had American Harry Connick Jr as a guest. Had him :whoa: when they came out with a blackface skit.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I should have known but still surprised me when I found out how high key racist they were. There was a TLR thread not too long ago about an Australian game show that had American Harry Connick Jr as a guest. Had him :whoa: when they came out with a blackface skit.

They're so blatant and casual with their 'cism.

I know of a breh who moved out there (I don't remember what part) and he had to come back after a year because it was too much. Outside of Sydney and Melbourne where they're used to seeing tourists, it's not a generally black friendly country even in 2021.

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just finished the series. I'm gonna miss it. The bloopers at the end almost got me.

I loved this show. A "3 years later" segment at the end would've made the finale even more perfect, but I'm happy with how everyone's storylines were resolved, even if I have to use my imagination for some of them.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Just finished the series. I'm gonna miss it. The bloopers at the end almost got me.

I loved this show. A "3 years later" segment at the end would've made the finale even more perfect, but I'm happy with how everyone's storylines were resolved, even if I have to use my imagination for some of them.

I agree.

I miss this show already. I wish it had one more season. A spinoff would be dope.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Half way thru season 9 and this shyt is tense. Too many alpha women and women who can step up if needed - Ferguson back, Lou, Rita and ruby, Marie and just with the long manipulation games, Allie on demon time - tho she can’t call shots nor do shyt, and old Booms made an appearance :whew:

looking forward to seeing how they wrap this up

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
originally i wasn't feeling them bringing back the freak, then i wan't buying the redemption arc, but :obama:

Lou needed to be killed lol @ all the people she killed and blowing up a jail and being put back in gen pop...i get australia clearly does shyt differently cuz no way is this show possible in the american prison system, but she needs to be in super max

I actually think it's cheap Ally didn't die, I'm happy the crew made it, but at the same time, her story came full circle, we needed a bittersweet moment where one of the protagonists got clapped. Shout out to Bea, the illest top dawg and OG show baddie.

Wild that Boomer was the only prisoner there from season 1 to the end...she got so damn soft compared to when she was rolling with Frankie

Will got :flabbynsick: and Vera got :old: af and Smiles got :old: and waaay too :demonic:

Judy was a WOAT character from day one, sociopathic liar glad her and the crooked Gov both got clapped,

:rip: to Marie, she was both :trash: and neutral to me at times, but she also got too soft when Lou showed up