Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
My list 'bout to be :flabbynsick: 'cause I am not a horror geek so here it goes.

The Shining
Jaws
Halloween
Alien
Nightmare On Elm St.
Candyman
The Descent
New Nightmare
Saw
Cabin In The Woods

shyt, that's damn good list...Cabin in the Woods is climbing my list right now, but I need to watch it over the next few years before I can put it in my top 20 or top 10...its too new but I know it will crack the top list one day...its a masterpiece

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
In my definition it is...even Aronfosky said he filmed it to be a horror movie style...the visual cinematography is very horror-style....and if you saw the movie, and grew up around drugs like I did, I don't know how its not horror. Its the most realistic depiction of drug addiction I've seen outside of the Simon's The Corner....and its something I struggle seeing ever...its the scariest film ever imo.

More realistic than Trainspotting or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I was waiting for your list...and its damn good...Devil's Rejects though I wanna know more about why you picked that one

Well, besides the fact that I think it is really a good movie, a big reason for picking it is because it's such a huge improvement on its predecessor that it becomes its own beast. Zombie did the opposite of what most horror makers would do, instead of upping the ante and just go over the top (see Jason, Freddy, Myers, Scream, Evil Dead, etc.) he grounded the movie by cutting out all the supernatural clutter and making the characters more 'likable' which works out really well. The dialogue is fukking awesome.

"There is no fukkin' ice cream in your fukkin' future." :dead:

And opposite of many other horror makers, he treats his creations with respect which is why the movie has one of the best endings of all time.

This shyt was just beautiful, Lynyrd Skynyrd playing, that slow camera pan over the hood of the car ending with the top view of the car, the one time shaky cam/quick cutting actually works because it juxtaposes so well against the calmness of everything that came before it. Rob Zombie might've ruined the Halloween remakes but he was in a zone making this movie. Matter of fact, calling it just good is almost insulting because this shyt is a horror classic and a template of how horror sequels should be done.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
I do love horror movies, but I haven't seen half the shyt yall have so my list might not be great. Let me get my list together and I'll post it later.

One thing I noticed though, The Strangers is being criminally underrated on here. That movie is straight up terrifying brehs.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I do love horror movies, but I haven't seen half the shyt yall have so my list might not be great. Let me get my list together and I'll post it later.

One thing I noticed though, The Strangers is being criminally underrated on here. That movie is straight up terrifying brehs.

It almost made my list or my honorable mentions list but it didn't make the cut. Love the movie though

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

It almost made my list or my honorable mentions list but it didn't make the cut. Love the movie though

I don't see what you all saw in the Strangers...that shyt was done 1000 times before but waaaaaay better...I watched it and was :ld:the whole time...I'm not saying its garbage, but its tired and hackneyed. You're Next, Who Could Kill A Child?, The Children, the OG Funny Games (which I'm 50/50 on) did a better job to me...

• Dap
Reactions: HHR