Weights or Cardio First?

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
What kind of stretching you doing? I normally just crank out 50 push ups as a warm up and get straight into it

Stretching in itself can be a workout, gets your blood circulating/heart rate up and elongates/warms up the muscles.
Lately, I've been focusing on my legs/glutes/triceps because that's what's been sore - it's the muscle groups I am focusing on right now.
It's best to do a total body stretch though.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Depends on the goal and what's most important to you.

If the goal is too look like you lift then prioritize weights and use cardio as secondary tool IMO.

I say that assuming you are working towards a body composition goal in some form and not already at an ideal.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's fitness goal depending. But I recommend you always do weights first to exhaust your glycogen storage and than do cardio if you have to do It at the same time....

If you are trying to lose weight I suggest you do HIIT or circuit training.

If you are trying to increase mass I say Lift heavy and do less cardio.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Always do weights first exhaust your glycogen stores and than do cardio if you have to do It at the same time....

If you are trying to improve at Cardio than just do cardio at a different time than your weight training.
This. I made this mistake when I got back into the gym again. I was trying to lift after I did cardio for 20 mins and I couldn't lift shyt. :mjlol:

I do the opposite now and can run no problem afterward.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And yes for weight loss do HIIT. I've lost 16 pounds since beginning May. Don't waste unnecessary time on the treadmill when you can get more out of it in a shorter period

And I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter when you lift or eat. Just don't cheat yourself

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
And yes for weight loss do HIIT. I've lost 16 pounds since beginning May. Don't waste unnecessary time on the treadmill when you can get more out of it in a shorter period

And I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter when you lift or eat. Just don't cheat yourself

I've lost quite a bit of weight this year doing not "true" hiit if there is such a thing, but what I consider a form of hiit. Just curious what your hiit routine is lookin like