Weight training without headphones?

Daps
Basically.

For me it's a distraction. I'm not one of those people that needs to get hyped and pumped up for every lift. I would rather be calm and dialed in to the movement. Music takes away from that and I don't really hear whatever my gym plays. I dial that out most of the time.

I agree,when I first started I loved and needed the music,then as I started getting more serious and things I actually found it to be a distraction,if a certain song came on I didn't want to hear I found myself stopping my workout to change the song and after that I stopped listening to music

Zyne

Legend
Supporter
Daps
I noticed the times I forgot to bring along my headphones I was a lot more focused during the workout

JayYoung713

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
For me I have to have music unless I have a workout partner. Music helps me thru them 45 minute cardio session as well as give me that extra push when lifting. I like my music as ignant as possible when working out.

JayYoung713

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
For me I have to have music unless I have a workout partner. Music helps me thru them 45 minute cardio session as well as give me that extra push when lifting. I like my music as ignant as possible when working out.

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
That music gotta be :demonic::lawd:
"Live By The Gun" by Waka has been one of my staple songs for a while now, but also older shyt from DMX or shyt like that Mase "Kamakazi" joint

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tend to have better (and shorter) workouts without headphones because I'm more focused on the actual workout. Since I'm usually listening to music on my phone, I tend to spend too much time flipping through songs or browsing the internet.

This is solely for lifting tho. Doing cardio without headphones is :trash:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
nowadays I listen to audiobooks and work related training programs while I workout.

The gyms music and hearing random conversations annoys the hell out of me.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Whenever I don't wear headphones people tend to come up and try to start convos

(I wear cut off wrestling tees or roots of fight pretty much all the time so it's an easy convo starter it seems)

That's why I wear my big ass beats by dre, on my warm up sets, I like to save it for the top sets when I need the boost. I don't even play music until then I just have them on as a deterrent :pachaha: