Weight training without headphones?

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Been workingout without headphones for few weeks(fukking rain cooked my Sony Bluetooth headphones. Best headphones I worked out with) and I find my self having a better workout. I don't know what it is. I seem more focused. Epecially on benching and squating.

I do use earbuds for cardio thougg. I could never imagine not having music(or watch YouTube videos without it). Unless I want to hit the heavy bag. I definitely dont need for that.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I have a stereo in the home gym

But I don't like working out at the work gym without headphones. shyt gets boring quick and nikkas be too chatty chatty
Lmaaaaooo I guess I'm different. I gives no fukks, when I'm workingout I still get my shyt in. I take 45 to 59 second breaks(unless it's some heavy weight and even then it's about a minute in a half). Wheny time up I'm up. shyt I'm known for taking nikkas turn. shyt I'll take their set and then do mine:laff:

I understand you though play.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
For myself its the exact opposite. Working out without headphones is kinda odd to me. I need me some 50, Waka, DMX n shyt to really push out that last 2 reps :ahh:
I can't disagree with you there. Except when flat benching. fukking over the ear headphones won't stay still for shyt. In when I'm under that bar I don't need nothing fukking with my concentration.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't disagree with you there. Except when flat benching. fukking over the ear headphones won't stay still for shyt. In when I'm under that bar I don't need nothing fukking with my concentration.
This is facts. shyt be annoying as fukk, be rising back up with headphones all lopsided lookin stupid

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've never worked out with headphones. I give 100% of my focus toward my workout. So paying attention to my breathing. Critiquing, analyzing and adjusting my form. I might have a TV on for noise or drown out noise but I'm not actively watching or listening. Playlists have never worked for me. It'll go from something hard to Brenda's got a baby or the skys the limit by BIG . I don't have time to be a dj when I'm working out

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
@HARLEM AL i cant have nothing in my ears when im in the gym...i dont mind music as ambience but in my immediate vicinity i cant rock with it..i like to go into the zone..esp when im running..concentrate and get lost in my own thoughts
I could dig it. But I'm not running without no tunes. shyt I ain't running period that shyt is boring as hell. I rather jump rope. Lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I could dig it. But I'm not running without no tunes. shyt I ain't running period that shyt is boring as hell. I rather jump rope. Lol

im not a fan of running but i use it as a main gauge of my cardio on whether my wind is on point or not..i live and die by doing HIIT...i do need to get back into jumproping though

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Yall are tripping with not listening to no music at the gym.

I don't have a problem with this with one exception there can't be any background music played by the gym.

These dumbass gyms have a bad habit of blasting the top 40 playlists.

Yall are tripping I not listening to this phag shyt all day long at the gym trying to lift heavy ass weight

There's something about listening to some blood boiling music like this that gets me lifting harder in the gym

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
After working out for a few years doesn't matter if you have them or not,the job still gonna get done
Basically.

For me it's a distraction. I'm not one of those people that needs to get hyped and pumped up for every lift. I would rather be calm and dialed in to the movement. Music takes away from that and I don't really hear whatever my gym plays. I dial that out most of the time.