Weight gain

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Coli brehs, I'm always seeing threads on weight loss tips and journeys. But what about the skinny brehs on here that are trying to gain weight? Good weight like muscle any tips?

I've been going to the gym and my weight is staying consistent 135lbs:francis: help a brothet out.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
unless you are trying to get fat with the muscle than your weight gain will be slow except for noob gains. you need to eat a few hundred over maintenance and do compound lifts and make sure you are getting enough protein per day and enough sleep.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Hopefully you're not following the chicken breast, rice and broccoli bodybuilder contest prep diet while trying to get bigger.

Track your food honestly for about week then add 500 calories to it.

Calorie dense food. .. whole milk if you're tolerant, peanut butter, 80/20 ground beef, eggs

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yea you can be pretty free with calories coming up as a n00b

If you want to keep it tight and stay a little leaner on your way up just up your protein. But you don't want to get too crazy. I wouldn't try and gain more than like 1lb a week and that shyt better come with some added skrenfh

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Be careful... make sure you gain good weight

If you're not getting stronger with the weight gain you're not doing it rite

Listen to this man.

The first year I hit the gym, I was completely focused on going up in weight. I went from ~150lbs to ~170, and I was ecstatic about the weight gain. Being that I had also just started weight lifting that year, I did see my beginners gains and thought I was doing good.:ehh:

XSHbUzL.png

WRONG

I can absolutely say that the weight I put on was useless.:francis:

I put on some muscle mass, but most of it was just fat that served NO DAMN PURPOSE. As soon as I improved my workout routines, the fat started BURNING off me QUICK, and I couldn't keep any of the damn weight on. I'm talking about, I went from about 170-175, to losing 10 pounds over the course of a summer, and even seeing myself slim down BEYOND 160!:beli:

I've kept track of myself this summer, I'm about at 160 again. I've only been going to the gym 3x a week, weight lifting and cardio on those days, and some calithenics throughout the week.

Im still skinny.:martin:

Frankly, I've come to truly realize that gaining weight takes dedication like anything else in weight lifting. You must not only make sure to eat a surplus of calories, but that those calories are CLEAN, while ALSO going your absolutely hardest during your lifts, because otherwise you're going to just put on sloppy weight, with no gains to show for it.:scusthov:

Just make sure you don't get caught up on the number on the scale too much breh. If you do a poor job at bulking, you're gonna end up burning most of it off any ways, and start off damn near at square one again.:to:

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ehh..youve received a lot of great advice in here. Don't worry about gaining "weight" be more concerned about upping your strength. If you're 135 it's going to be tough for you to bench or squat a certain amount but stick to appropriate workout routines and regimens including proper diet and you'll get there. As you get stronger you'll begin to weight more and the added weight will be composed of muscle not fat.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
On in any phase to gain muscle my best advice is to focus on the food as your fuel to train. Sounds simply but if you aren't terrible strong or new to lifting then don't eat everything in sight because you will out pace your training. Converses if you are stronger and/experience use the increased cals to really up volume.

Just my $.02

Last edited:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Learn to snack on almonds. They are amazing for you nutrition wise & they are caloric dense so it's great for bulking. Of course make sure you know how much you are consuming.

Also whole milk & peanut butter are great options too for bulking.

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
Drink syntha 6. I was about 136 and gain 20 pounds in 3 months. Gotta lift heavy tho. Bad thing is i got a lot of stretch marks from gaining weight to fast. Doctor told me to chill thought i was taking steroids

• Dap
Reactions: Meh