Weed is Legal in Both States So Let's Blaze Fat Nuggets: POR vs. DEN Round 2 Official Thread

How does the series play out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
full

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry:

Proud of my guys tho, we overachieved this season. But the young guys got much needed playoff experience. They gotta understand what it means to turn it up come playoff time now. Hope Gary Harris returns to how he was beginning/middle of the season before his injury. When Murray-Harris-Jokic are passing and firing on all cylinders it's so fun to watch.

:mjcry:Damn Nugs:mjcry:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I don't think he was out coached. Denver's roster construction could use some work. There's a limitations in that roster. Can't have two guards that can't get their own shot at will start. Cannot have a multitude of wings and forwards with a variety of different skillsets.

Portland had better options for different problems.

Evan Turner can play 1-4. They had a 2 big and tall and athletic PF/Cs. A wing that can get their own shot. They got 2 6'9 athletic 3/D types.
Beasley, Barton and Morris are all between 6'3 to 6'6, and average at best. Plumlee is the typical athletic big. And Craig is the their shutdown defender and he is 6'7.
Nuggets are gonna have to get bigger and more versatile. Can't rely on your center to initiate your offense. Malone wasn't out coach, his roster was just limited. It's too guard heavy, and too small.

The teams that win in the playoffs got multi skilled guys on the squad with size that can defend, and an iso get buckets guy. Denver doesn't have that. I am surprised that got this far in the playoffs relying on Jokic to bail them out of situations. Malone ain't that bad. The Denver guards didn't take that necessary leap this year and it showed in the playoffs. Guard play is fundamental to success in the playoffs.

Come on breh, Malone was outcoached. He was out coached by pop and he was out coached by Scott. Evan turner was a non factor majority of this series, hood was a problem but overall the blazers wing play was abysmal all series, this was the first game that Murray was guarded by a wing majority of the game and he missed a bunch of wide open shots.

I watched Harris and Murray make their own shots plenty of times this season are they the best no but Murray can create for himself off the dribble and has done that plenty of times. Harris was injured a lot this season and he showed up today Murray was inconsistent and absent in both series for too many games but they both improved this season.

Jokic is an iso guy that can get buckets. He has great feet in the post spot and honestly needed to be down their more often but Malone doesn’t run set plays, he lets Jokic just create and that may work in the regular season but it won’t work in the post season. You can use your center to initiate your offense their are plenty of championship teams that used their center that way. One of the major issues is that Jokic gets to passive and doesn’t reel in Murray or Barton when they just jack shyt up.

I’m not going to talk about Malone’s rotations or his terrible use of timeouts because that has been covered to death.

Do the nuggets have to get bigger? Yes and mpj, Vanderbilt, and welsh will help with that regard. However, Malone is not a championship caliber coach he just isn’t and i’m fine with him being here next year but I don’t want to waste this young core on him for five or six years.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I don't think he was out coached. Denver's roster construction could use some work. There's a limitations in that roster. Can't have two guards that can't get their own shot at will start. Cannot have a multitude of wings and forwards with a variety of different skillsets.

Portland had better options for different problems.

Evan Turner can play 1-4. They had a 2 big and tall and athletic PF/Cs. A wing that can get their own shot. They got 2 6'9 athletic 3/D types.
Beasley, Barton and Morris are all between 6'3 to 6'6, and average at best. Plumlee is the typical athletic big. And Craig is the their shutdown defender and he is 6'7.
Nuggets are gonna have to get bigger and more versatile. Can't rely on your center to initiate your offense. Malone wasn't out coach, his roster was just limited. It's too guard heavy, and too small.

The teams that win in the playoffs got multi skilled guys on the squad with size that can defend, and an iso get buckets guy. Denver doesn't have that. I am surprised that got this far in the playoffs relying on Jokic to bail them out of situations. Malone ain't that bad. The Denver guards didn't take that necessary leap this year and it showed in the playoffs. Guard play is fundamental to success in the playoffs.
Murray is getting better every year he’s almost at go-to iso guy status.

Also, there’s hope MPJ can live up to his potential. All things considered Malone’s done a good job with this team and helped transform them into a top 10 defense and developing some guys on the way.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Murray is getting better every year he’s almost at go-to iso guy status.

Also, there’s hope MPJ can live up to his potential. All things considered Malone’s done a good job with this team and helped transform them into a top 10 defense and developing some guys on the way.

I don't think Murray is anywhere near iso go-to guy status.

He needs Jokic to do too much to set him up with screens and etc. I'ma need for him to be able to go one on one like CJ did. This year he proved that he isn't afraid of the big moment. I think he will get better, but there's a difference between being a spark plug, microwave scorer and a lead guard. I can see him leaning more towards a microwave scorer, in that case he should move to SG and the Nuggets need an actual PG that can do PG stuff.

This season has been a success though, but their roster construction isn't ideal for a championship run anytime soon.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

China's next North American superstar coulda done better than that. :umgrin:

Dude was 3-19 :beileinlol:

Pay $18 million to get one bucket every four games, brehs. :smugbeilein:

Can you give me a printout of Mo Wagner, Trey Burke,Tim Hardaway, and Glenn Robinson 2019 playoff stats sir? :DemBuckeyes: