We really have coli brehs posting boomer babble???

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
80s babies hate boomers too. :hubie: if anything we were done the worst by previous generations, because everything changed in our lifetime. We were taught and prepared for one type of american life then the price of everything got ridiculous. College went from some shyt your could pay with a summer job, to a mortgage.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I was twenty something and broke af 15 years ago

And im :flabbynsick: ,, that had to be a 70s 60s breh or a 80 breh that had they shyt together in they 20s

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I'm 29 I thought I was one of the older brehs on here....nah we got fukking boomers who think we still live in the 70s and can pay mortgages, tuition and bills with one job :stopitslime:
Now that you realize, a lot of these posts will start making a lot more sense :francis:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I recognize a home owner when I see one.. dude ain't in the struggle anymore he can't relate. Long time home owners and landlords. They don't have empathy or the same perspective. . It's a dog eat dog world. Capitalism ruins people.. but given the opportunities here a lot of you bros would be exactly the same way. If you had homes you'd be trying to flip them for their worth and equity. If you had rentals you wouldn't be taking rent below market value. Capitalism incentivizes greed and makes us rationalize it.
You’re ignoring the fact that we literally weren’t old enough to own homes during the periods y’all talking about. Cognitive dissonance isn’t serving you on this topic.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You’re ignoring the fact that we literally weren’t old enough to own homes during the periods y’all talking about. Cognitive dissonance isn’t serving you on this topic.
Breh I didn't say I was for or against. I just said I recognize the other perspective and most of wouldn't be any different if we were landlords. my statement was more about the ills of capitalism and how it incentivizes us to disregard each other's needs over business needs. All that shyt you talking is more about your misunderstanding than anything else

Yas

Banned
Daps
Why can't people on here have different opinions without y'all panties getting twisted

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Breh I didn't say I was for or against. I just said I recognize the other perspective and most of wouldn't be any different if we were landlords. my statement was more about the ills of capitalism and how it incentivizes us to disregard each other's needs over business needs. All that shyt you talking is more about your misunderstanding than anything else
My misunderstanding? Dude said it’s my fault for not buying a house in 8th grade :mjlol:

Daps
House prices reflect desirability of an area. There are plenty of places that are affordable in America they are just not gonna be downtown Miami and 2000sqft.

Take this Brooklyn listing for example

You couldn't pay people to live there 20yrs ago but now its worth over a million.

This isn't boomer babble it's just saying that some people got extremely lucky to be early adopters in areas that became desirable. People want to hop right into a highly desirable area and are shocked to find out that having thousands of people wanting to do the same thing drives the prices up. It is disingenuous to say if only I had the money I would've bought in X location while it was cheap because hindsight is 20/20. It was cheap for a reason at the time.

Even if we disallowed investors and only allowed primary residences there is always going to be someone willing to pay more money than you to live in the spot that you want if it is a coveted area.

This is not to undermine the supply issue of housing which is due to archaic zoning laws in most cities, which disallow multifamily units from being constructed. This probably won't decrease surrounding area prices but can greatly slow down the increase.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
Entitled fn boomers Nixon killed the dollar in the 70s ohtani gonna get a billion dollar contract #2 option jaylen brown just got 300 million , the paper ain’t shyt no more :pacspit:

Dipsey Doo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Post all day on the Coli whining about "boomers" instead taking accountability for your own miserable lives brehs :francis:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I'm up there as far as age.

Y'all younger Brehs have to remember that dudes like me been on here since 2001 (SOHH and other boards inclusive)

Y'all do know that we are Gen X. Boomers are the generation before. My mother who is about to be 80 next year. She's the Boomer demo.

Anyways.

You have the ideal. How it SHOULD be if things were fair.

And

you have the actual. The situation on the ground at the moment.

I agree that things are unfair and it sucks for those who get victimized.

But the world where things are fair is still imaginary at this point.

You're gonna HAVE to deal with the real until the situation changes.

Real estate is an example of this. If everyone who has dough in this crazy world wants to live in NYC.. the people who have less money than those global ballers.. they gonna have to figure out a different plan. Cause the money will always talk. In every language.

Be mad that this is unfair, but plan accordingly young Brehs.