We really have coli brehs posting boomer babble???

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Coli boomer here (43) and I have to say a lot of people have an aspirational fixation on keeping things the way they are because they already got theirs or think they can benefit off the current system somehow. For example we've had many threads arguing for affordable housing especially for the homeless but there is always a contingent of posters vehemently against it even after it's been shown a bulk of the homeless are black males. It's astounding.
At this rate our money won't say "in God we trust" it'll say "fukk you I got mine"

It's not a coincidence Ben Franklin makes the :beli: face

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
That still doesn’t give them an excuse to be retarded. It’s well known that housing prices have gone up and wages are stagnant.
Pull your self up by the bootstrap babble doesn’t apply now, people making 100k a year can’t afford to buy houses.
I agree, but it doesn't matter. If not their fathers, their uncles born in 1955-60 and grandfathers born in 1935 programmed them.

The same attitude emerges in the dating/sex topic. Most men born pre-1990 are closer to their fathers and occasionally even grandfathers in social cultivation and economic trajectory than post-90 babies are to their fathers.

The coming of age process of the last 15 years is incomparable to any before it.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Nah, we not making excuses for people like this. There is no excuse for someone making 100k to not be able to buy a home in today's market, unless they are attempting to live above their means.

That's one of the biggest issues, people making a decent living but have extremely poor financial planning skills.
100k in 2023 isnt what 100k was in 1996 lol.

You need to make 75k just to be able to rent a 1 BR that isn't in a shoot out zone. Meanwhile a small house in the same area goes for nearly 1/2 a mill.

King Poetic

In My Lifetime
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
*The New Big Ten*
"Buy in your own community"

The community I live in:

I bought my spot in 2014 and if I tried to buy today I would be priced tf out.

Co signed

I live in the community and it’s quiet and everyone on my street owns they house or close to it..

With todays housing market right now .. nobody can really look at buying anything unless they coli posters

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Breh I legit had a dream about the age demographic of The Coli. I picture the average Coli breh being snaggle tooth, ole fitted brushed to the side like Joe Budden in 03, dusty throwback jersey, baggy ass jeans, and scuffed up timb boots. I woke up swinging at the air like Cuba on some cold sweat shyt :picard:

Just the alarming thought of all of us damn near 40 or pushing 50 typing about "piff", as we await our retirement checks :huhldup:

:flabbynsick:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I recognize a home owner when I see one.. dude ain't in the struggle anymore he can't relate. Long time home owners and landlords. They don't have empathy or the same perspective. . It's a dog eat dog world. Capitalism ruins people.. but given the opportunities here a lot of you bros would be exactly the same way. If you had homes you'd be trying to flip them for their worth and equity. If you had rentals you wouldn't be taking rent below market value. Capitalism incentivizes greed and makes us rationalize it.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I recognize a home owner when I see one.. dude ain't in the struggle anymore he can't relate. Long time home owners and landlords. They don't have empathy or the same perspective. . It's a dog eat dog world. Capitalism ruins people.. but given the opportunities here a lot of you bros would be exactly the same way. If you had homes you'd be trying to flip them for their worth and equity. If you had rentals you wouldn't be taking rent below market value. Capitalism incentivizes greed and makes us rationalize it.
They don't have to ignore the COL isn't the same as 20 years ago, which is why they're trying to be Mr. Monopoly in the first place.