We need to chill out and get back to being cool, brehs...

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
It's not a about appeasing others. It's about self control, a key aspect of cool that seems to elude a lot of us. It's about maintaining a disposition that produces desired outcomes. It's about transcending the predetermined roles that society would have stay confined to. It's about accomplishing your goals and getting what you want in a world that won't give it to you.

Just because you vocalize doesn't mean you don't have self control. And just because you don't act outspoken and go for the tranquil approach doesn't mean youre going to get the results for others that you may want. What you dont seem to understand is you dont have to do yoga to find your "center" especially the. mircowave 15 minute approach to a technique that shouldn't be summed up on a fukking youtube video. That's why i said your method is more along the lines of appeasing people because it takes eastern philsophies and gives them a western spin in hopes that you can assimilate and excel while at the same time assuming if you're acting a certain way, like being outspoken, that there's a problem you need to fix...

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Just because you vocalize doesn't mean you don't have self control. And just because you don't act outspoken and go for the tranquil approach doesn't mean youre going to get the results for others that you may want. What you dont seem to understand is you dont have to do yoga to find your "center" especially the. mircowave 15 minute approach to a technique that shouldn't be summed up on a fukking youtube video. That's why i said your method is more along the lines of appeasing people because it takes eastern philsophies and gives them a western spin in hopes that you can assimilate and excel while at the same time assuming if you're acting a certain way, like being outspoken, that there's a problem you need to fix...
Here, how about try my suggestion for a week and see how things go. Just 7 days. That's it. If I'm bullshytting, then you're a little more flexiable and that's it. If I'm right, you'll actually feel better, too.

And nobody said anything about being "tranquil" I'm saying that there's no need to get so heated about such petty sh!t. I'm saying, do your best to clear your mind of the ill effects of chronic anxiety and stress. A lot of black people are addicted to the instant gratification of emotional outbursts and it comes from not effectively managing stress and anxiety. It reflects a defeatism that doesn't allow for planning for the long term. It reflects a lack of self control to do really do what it takes to get the job done, whatever that may be. Be it get that promotion, be it get that deal, working your hustle, etc... and not getting caught up in petty bullsh!t that has a lot of us fvcked up in the game.

I'm not saying be a walking mat... I'm saying pick your battles and engage your opponents in life more strategically. If you think you can thrive in life by throwing temper tantrums at every little pet peeve and annoyance you incur you're mistaken. It's always better to maintain your cool and control your behavior to produce the best outcome. All this stress in fighting every petty squabble is killing a lot of us. It fvcks with our money, our time, and in a lot of instances, our freedom. Some dead guy named Charles R. Swindoll said, "10% of life happens to you, and 90% of life is how you react to it." I'm not one for random stats or quotes but I agree with this one.

A lot of this stress we have is visable to all. People can see it in our faces, hear it in our tone and even see it in our posture. A lot of the heat we catch is due to the way we physically carry ourselves. We telegraph malcontent. Many of us are tense and we cary our tension in our bodies and we exacerbate the effects with poor posture as well. You become a drain. A negative force in life for everyone around you. It just makes life... harder, less enjoyable, and less productive.

One way of dealing with this NOW and effectively is by doing some basic yoga in the same room that you're reading my posts. Doing yoga allows us to breathe and maintain mental focus and sanity in the midst of stress. It also strengthens support muscles that are often neglected which contributes to bad posture, which feeds a stress generating negativity loop. Doing yoga also lifts your mood. A lot of positions give you a natural buzz that has you feeling great. Not only that, but you get a mental boost from being productive. You literally feel your body progressing every time.

Try it. For a week and see how you feel. It won't cost you a thing and you only stand to gain in the long run even if I'm lying through my keyboard.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I don't have to try your suggestion, i've already done yoga before,.probably even before you started doing it. You aren't hiping me to anything new. There's more to proper conflict resolution than doing some warrior one positions...

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
point proven. Let these nikkas stay in the hood. Their struggle should be your gain.

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
point proven. Let these nikkas stay in the hood. Their struggle should be your gain.
It should, but it's not.

The weird thing about being Black is that like it or not you're part of a collective of sorts. We're reflections of ourselves. The worse Black people are doing the worse I'm doing. I'm sure I've made things harder for the next brother by some of my conduct and I'm sure the opposite is true in other cases as well. The more of us chill out and quit being such Pissy Petes the better things will be for all of us.

Maybe someone here is reading this thread and thinking "Hey, I'll give this a shot." I bet someone is reading this thread and at least thinking about maybe trying something different for a a change. I'll benefit... and so will a lot of the people reading this thread.

This Photray guy is just showing how real this problem is.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I agree though, a lot of people think that shyt is cool but they aint doing nothing but setting themselves for failure and making those that want them to fall happy. My current supvisor dont like me for shyt for reasons idk why, he lied on me numerous times, changed my work schedule last min without notice and tries to screw me every chance he gets, but im cool so im 5 steps ahead of him. He wants me to choke him out and i wont lie i would love to but im making 500 to 600 a week like what i said no man is more important then paper

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I'm not really into preachers but this guy is a unique personality with a great ability to speak. When I heard this speech a year ago I had a lot of demons to face in my life. Everything that's said in this clip after 4:35 is true and can be applied to your life instantly. It will probably take quite a bit of time to sink in, but go ahead and :leostare: yourself now. The sooner, the better.

Don't Worry, Don't Worry - YouTube

So many of us hold our worries and anxieties about the world around us so close to us it starts to pit us against the world. It impedes our ability to get things done. It keeps us stagnent or pulls us down.

So many of life's problems can be solved by taking a deep breath, slowing down the pace, and just taking a moment to think.

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
being chill and all that is cool but alot of the time as a black man it can lead to becoming to passive or mistaken by those around you for being a weak individual since in america we are usually viewed as safe house nikkas that wont harm a fly or gang bangin shoot you in ya neck ass nikka (2 extremes)

balance is the key

if you got that poison in your mouth its better to spit it out than to swallow it

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Yelling and screaming about your emotions doesn't do anything but hurt you in the long run. I'm telling you. What I'm saying is the truth.

You're getting bad service at McDonalds? Don't yell and scream, throw a tantrum and wind up on that WSHH screen, just tweet about your experience and NAME NAMES ON THE TWITTER. People love re-tweeting bad customer service tweets because everyone has been a victim of this situation. Companies take note and they often take action. At the very least if you can get a full name... you'll get an ant squashed or at least the peace of mind that your opinion is out there in a very real way.

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
Yelling and screaming about your emotions doesn't do anything but hurt you in the long run. I'm telling you. What I'm saying is the truth.

You're getting bad service at McDonalds? Don't yell and scream, throw a tantrum and wind up on that WSHH screen, just tweet about your experience and NAME NAMES ON THE TWITTER. People love re-tweeting bad customer service tweets because everyone has been a victim of this situation. Companies take note and they often take action. At the very least if you can get a full name... you'll get an ant squashed or at least the peace of mind that your opinion is out there in a very real way.

mcdonalds :gag:

but if you gettin bad service why not just step up to the persons and let them know you want your food done right or re done completely (and they do have to do it too if you ask) instead of passive aggressively taking it like :childplease: then tweet about it and hope for change? if they give you a tude and you dont want to wind up jailed for beating up employees or starting shyt infront of everyone like and acting out like a bytch then record it and tweet it and post it up to show how bad the customer service is in that area and probably get better results because you have visual proof