We need to chill out and get back to being cool, brehs...

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Hey brehs,

I was reading the fendi_mayne thread about how he got sh!tcanned at his job following an emotional outburst at a supervisor and it got me thinking about Black Rage and how we as a people seem to reward that sh!t. It's as though a lot of us have decided that it's cool to act like an emotional little b!tch when sh!t hits the fan. It's like being cool these days is the exact opposite of what cool originally was.

I was thinking of why that is, and I think a lot of it boils down to the fact that we didn't come up in situations that taught us how to deal with anxiety and stress in a positive way. Hell, I know a lot of us come from loud, violent households that just didn't give us the tools to deal with stress and stressful situations positively. A lot of us don't know how to chill and be happy. For real. I'm willing to bet that a lot of us don't even have engaging hobbies aside from following sports, playing videogames, and chatting on this forum... all of which, while fun, can often be a negative influence.

Why is that? Well, a lot of us grew up in unstable homes. Maybe our parent(s) were away working all the time, being paid unfair wages and lower salaries, struggling to get by, paycheck to paycheck. Maybe some of us didn't have parents that couldn't provide more than the bare necessities, despite their best intentions. A few of us didn't have parents at all for some tragic reason or another. Either way, at our core, in our homes we just couldn't find true solace and in our environment often times we can't either. Being Black it's really easy to feel like the world is against you.

But it's cool... we can deal with it. Or rather, we will deal with it. Whether it's keeping up this hyper sensitive bullsh!t that it seems a lot of us are stuck on or by going a more productive route it's going to be dealt with one way or the other. Well can't let negativity imprison us. Freedom from the negativity only comes from within. It literally starts with your ability to keep your cool and deal with bullshi!t. So this thread will be dedicated to proactive solutions to dealing with anxiety and stress from within.

To start things off, I'm going to introduce you guys to yoga. This shyt is good for teaching you how to chill out and breathe when you're being physically stressed. No, you don't have to pay $60 for a session at a fitness club, you don't need to be in super good shape... hell, you don't even need a yoga mat (though I do recommend getting one) if you're reading this thread and you have some speakers you have everything you need to do this:

We need to get back to being cool, brehs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
St louis
yo mama aint shyt
a0yqua.jpg

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Good points but those broke nikkas will just try to beef with you instead of take your advice. Doesn't have to be yoga but nikkas need to stop being so hostile.

his post makes a lot of points you can't confirm, it's just a bunch of assumptions so he can get to his point about yoga and finding that "inner peace". just because you're vocal and outspoken doesn't mean that you have rage issues, and it doesn't mean that you grew up in a bad home, nor does it mean you lack inner peace of mind. you have to consider society norms and what's dictated as normal ways of expression from culture to culture.

i don't like his points because they kind of remind me of a person who's bent on appeasing people rather than actually being who you are. and doing all that ass kissing is going get you faster to the grave than actually speaking your mind...

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Good points but those broke nikkas will just try to beef with you instead of take your advice. Doesn't have to be yoga but nikkas need to stop being so hostile.

dude been at the job for a while and has an emergency fund of 12 months...is not broke.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
his post makes a lot of points you can't confirm, it's just a bunch of assumptions so he can get to his point about yoga and finding that "inner peace". just because you're vocal and outspoken doesn't mean that you have rage issues, and it doesn't mean that you grew up in a bad home, nor does it mean you lack inner peace of mind. you have to consider society norms and what's dictated as normal ways of expression from culture to culture.

i don't like his points because they kind of remind me of a person who's bent on appeasing people rather than actually being who you are. and doing all that ass kissing is going get you faster to the grave than actually speaking your mind...
It's not a about appeasing others. It's about self control, a key aspect of cool that seems to elude a lot of us. It's about maintaining a disposition that produces desired outcomes. It's about transcending the predetermined roles that society would have stay confined to. It's about accomplishing your goals and getting what you want in a world that won't give it to you.