We gotta talk about February

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're not talking that about the people who have zero interest in Sifu though. Those people were never going to buy it. We're talking about capturing every possible sale.

I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people who are interested in Sifu are also interested in either Horizon or Elden Ring, and if they are frugal, they'll likely take the bigger and more robust game. It WILL affect sales. Plus you gotta think about how games are marketed now, you think streamers are going to stream Sifu over Elden Ring? Who the fukk is going to play Saints Row over Horizon? Both games cost $70.

Those destiny, horizon, Elden ring, saints row, maybe even dying light 2 (comes out a little earlier) cast a wide net. Most people buying anyone of those games probably just aren’t gonna buy more tha one game in that time period.

There’s also the marketing blitz that horizon forbidden west and Elden ring will cause. Whether its controversy, accolades, previews, reviews, whatever. Sifu will release while people are in the middle of playing Horizon while Destiny and Elden Ring are dropping reviews

Sifu is a game that needed a good week to itself like Kena got.

Again, this assumes that all of these people were going to be interested in all of these games just by default, and are all of the same quality.

For example, Saints Row: that shyt flopping will have absolutely nothing to do with when it releases, and more to do with the fact that it started with a pretty negative reaction, and they don't seem to be in much of a rush to fix that.

Or, anecdotally, I couldn't care less about Horizon, Elden Ring, or Dying Light 2. I'm getting in on Witch Queen, Sifu, and maybe Saints Row if it somehow presents something of value.

Either way, the variety is enough for all to be some form of successful, I think. It's the first big release window following the holidays, which aren't giving players who don't want a shooter or racing game something big to pick up. That should work just fine for the people that have been waiting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sonys games have been taking a bit longer to go on sale. Rift Apart still hasn’t seen a sale and its 4 months old already

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Again, this assumes that all of these people were going to be interested in all of these games just by default, and are all of the same quality.

For example, Saints Row: that shyt flopping will have absolutely nothing to do with when it releases, and more to do with the fact that it started with a pretty negative reaction, and they don't seem to be in much of a rush to fix that.

Or, anecdotally, I couldn't care less about Horizon, Elden Ring, or Dying Light 2. I'm getting in on Witch Queen, Sifu, and maybe Saints Row if it somehow presents something of value.

Either way, the variety is enough for all to be some form of successful, I think. It's the first big release window following the holidays, which aren't giving players who don't want a shooter or racing game something big to pick up. That should work just fine for the people that have been waiting.

You're still flagrantly missing the point that those games would be more successful if they came out when no other notable games are dropping.

It's just common sense. It's asinine to think otherwise.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You're still flagrantly missing the point that those games would be more successful if they came out when no other notable games are dropping.

Yeah, its not even just a money issue, its a time/mindshare issue. People just dont have time, Dying Light 2, Horizon Forbidden West, a huge Destiny 2 expansion, Saints Row, Elden Ring….is there any game on there that doesn’t require more than 30 hours of your time?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah, its not even just a money issue, its a time/mindshare issue. People just dont have time, Dying Light 2, Horizon Forbidden West, a huge Destiny 2 expansion, Saints Row, Elden Ring….is there any game on there that doesn’t require more than 30 hours of your time?

Yeah, picture the middle of the summer...you already beat Elden Ring, Horizon, all that shyt, you fiendin for something to do, good or bad you might fukk around and drop $70 on a Sifu or Saint's Row even if you aren't super interested in them out of boredom. And if you were anticipating them, even better.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And you're still flagrantly missing that not all of these games are for everybody. A basic question is "who is this for?" And if we're being honest, not all of these games are actually meant for everyone. If we're being honest with ourselves, there are far more people that are interested in a couple of those gems than there are people who want all of them, and are stressing over finances all of a sudden.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps

:scust:

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
Dying Light 2: will get it on a sale somewhere down the line
Horizon Forbidden West: Day 1
Destiny 2 The Witch Queen: nah i'm good
The King of Fighters XV: respect the series, but i'll pass
SIFU: price point will determine if it's day one or wait for sale
Saints Row: blah