"We gotta go back Kate..... WE GOTTA GO BACK!!!"

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Lost was such a terrible and overrated show. It's probably the only shyt in the history of SOHH/TheColi that really had me upset that I watched it because people said it was good.

People who I put on to The Wire after it came off the air were still blown away by it.

It has nothing to do with watching it while it was on. Lost fukking SUCKED. There was no direction...I mean the show seemed like they literally put madd stickies with words and tropes in a hat and when they needed to progress the plot, they just stuck their hands in and pulled something out and made episodes around it.

Really? You comparing this to Breaking Bad????

The shyt had ya'll on the edge of your seat because the plot was silly as fukk so of course you wanted to know where the fukk it was going :laff:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lost was such a terrible and overrated show. It's probably the only shyt in the history of SOHH/TheColi that really had me upset that I watched it because people said it was good.

People who I put on to The Wire after it came off the air were still blown away by it.

It has nothing to do with watching it while it was on. Lost fukking SUCKED. There was no direction...I mean the show seemed like they literally put madd stickies with words and tropes in a hat and when they needed to progress the plot, they just stuck their hands in and pulled something out and made episodes around it.

Really? You comparing this to Breaking Bad????

The shyt had ya'll on the edge of your seat because the plot was silly as fukk so of course you wanted to know where the fukk it was going :laff:

This is what I wanted to say but I decided to go the diplomatic route. :leon:

Fred.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Of course it was fun, it was one of the biggest pop culture moments in history.

But saying anything other than "it was fun" is :snoop:

@Adam3000 I disagree 100%. If you watched it from day 1, it's virtually impossible to understand how terrible the show is, because you were caught up in the hype. Half the people in this thread are waxing nostalgic about obsessing over the show, not the show itself. Fans are in love with that feeling and it's informing their opinion. Trust me, I know what it's like, I did the same thing when "Mass Effect 3" came out.

Anyway, if people love the show or that feeling :manny: but saying it's "top 5", "top 5 scene", "a GOAT contender" is a slap in the face to all the prestige dramas like "The Wire", "The Shield", "Breaking Bad", "The Sopranos", "Game Of Thrones", etc. that actually have to earn their :krs: moments, and not just throw together some Mad Libs style nonsense ("polar bear/statue foot/smoke monster") to string people along.

Fred.

:camby:

The best moments of Lost had nothing to do with "Polar Bear/Foot Statue or Smoke Monster"

All the BIG moments of lost was because of Jack/Locke/Ben Get that shyt out of here you hater. No show u named OTHER then BB had the following LOST had. :mjlol: at comparing Game of Thrones to LOST :snoop:

To anyone who didn't watch this shyt live :camby: Yall will never understand :mjcry:

But i have to remember where im at. This the same board who says Homeland is top 10 shows ever :wtf:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is what I wanted to say but I decided to go the diplomatic route. :leon:

Fred.
I mean...my dude...this piece of filth was nominated for Best Drama alongside THE SOPRANOS.

And it actually WON in 2005.

While THE WIRE was still on the air.

Let that sink in for a moment.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:camby:

The best moments of Lost had nothing to do with "Polar Bear/Foot Statue or Smoke Monster"

All the BIG moments of lost was because of Jack/Locke/Ben Get that shyt out of here you hater. No show u named OTHER then BB had the following LOST had. :mjlol: at comparing Game of Thrones to LOST :snoop:

To anyone who didn't watch this shyt live :camby: Yall will never understand :mjcry:

But i have to remember where im at. This the same board who says Homeland is top 10 shows ever :wtf:
Homeland is better than Lost in every conceivable way and I'm not even that big of a Homeland fan :camby:

Lost is not even Top 20. I can literally name 20 shows in the past 15 years better than Lost. Just off the top of my head.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
The Live experience of watching Lost in the moment was a phenomenon like none other. But looking back at the show with a critical eye, it's greatness doesn't hold up anymore after you realize most of everything you're watching is BS. Not saying it's not good, but it can't stand next to the greats that have such brilliant and detailed writing.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Homeland is better than Lost in every conceivable way and I'm not even that big of a Homeland fan :camby:

Lost is not even Top 20. I can literally name 20 shows in the past 15 years better than Lost. Just off the top of my head.
You cant be serious with these statements :snoop:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Live experience of watching Lost in the moment was a phenomenon like none other. But looking back at the show with a critical eye, it's greatness doesn't hold up anymore after you realize most of everything you're watching is BS. Not saying it's not good, but it can't stand next to the greats that have such brilliant and detailed writing.

And that's all I'm saying. If people like it :manny: but if I was David Simon or Vince Gilligan or even a new comer like Noah Hawley I'd :comeon: at people talking about "Lost" in the same breath as my work.

Fred.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
And that's all I'm saying. If people like it :manny: but if I was David Simon or Vince Gilligan or even a new comer like Noah Hawley I'd :comeon: at people talking about "Lost" in the same breath as my work.

Fred.

Yall giving BB too much credit as well. Stop acting like it was amazing right out the gate. It didn't get to GOAT status til around season 3. Dexter first 2 seasons were better then BB first 2 seasons. Let that sink in.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yall giving BB too much credit as well. Stop acting like it was amazing right out the gate. It didn't get to GOAT status til around season 3. Dexter first 2 seasons were better then BB first 2 seasons. Let that sink in.

Nobody that actually worked on "Dexter" would even agree with that. :heh:

Regardless, the wack ass final season of "Dexter" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Lost".

"BB" just took a long ass time to get a fan base. Which leads me to my next point:

I don't care about following. That shyt means nothing. Millions of people watched "Dancing With The Stars", is that a GOAT contender too?

And the "you didn't watch it live" argument is :what: Millions of people did, and obviously thought it was trash. Lindelof is copping pleas still to this day.

"Lost" was extremely popular, that's it. You're talking about the characters....ok cool....people tuned in to discuss the mysteries though. There's hundreds of websites dedicating to all the random bullshyt in the show....let's put it like this, if none of that nonsense existed....let's say it was just a straight forward drama, with the same characters, written the same way....do you seriously think it would be as popular?

Hell no. Because Lindelof and Cuse aren't good writers.
The "top 5/GOAT level" talk is :mindblown: when it's not even the best show Fox made, let alone as good as the best in history.

Fred.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Nobody that actually worked on "Dexter" would even agree with that. :heh:

Regardless, the wack ass final season of "Dexter" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Lost".

"BB" just took a long ass time to get a fan base. Which leads me to my next point:

I don't care about following. That shyt means nothing. Millions of people watched "Dancing With The Stars", is that a GOAT contender too?

And the "you didn't watch it live" argument is :what: Millions of people did, and obviously thought it was trash. Lindelof is copping pleas still to this day.

"Lost" was extremely popular, that's it. You're talking about the characters....ok cool....people tuned in to discuss the mysteries though. There's hundreds of websites dedicating to all the random bullshyt in the show....let's put it like this, if none of that nonsense existed....let's say it was just a straight forward drama, with the same characters, written the same way....do you seriously think it would be as popular?

Hell no. Because Lindelof and Cuse aren't good writers.
The "top 5/GOAT level" talk is :mindblown: when it's not even the best show Fox made, let alone as good as the best in history.

Fred.

The fact that you said season 8 of dexter is better then season 6 of lost just proves to me your shock posting. Season 6 of lost had 2 top 10 lost epsoides contenders. NOTHING about season 8 of dexter was even remotley watchable.

And season 2 of dexter(The doakes season) was better then either season 1 or 2 of BB and yall know it.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
one of the greatest cliffhangers if not the greatest cliffhanger in tv history....shyt blew my mind...picked up the fragments of my brain and them threw it in a furnace

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You cant be serious with these statements :snoop:
The Wire
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Big Love
Boardwalk Empire
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Homeland
The Shield
Six Feet Under
Southland
True Detective
Friday Night Lights
The Newsroom
The West Wing
House
Ray Donovan
Orange is the New Black
Shameless

Every one of those shows are better than Lost. Period.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
:
Big Love
Boardwalk Empire
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Homeland
Six Feet Under
Southland
True Detective
Friday Night Lights
The Newsroom
House
Ray Donovan
Orange is the New Black
Shameless

Every one of those shows are better than Lost. Period.

:mjlol:

:mjlol: