Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
i'm movin to PG county in march, they play alot up there?

DC - Dupont Circle on the weekends all day there and on weekdays around 3pm - 8 pm, lively ,all cultures, races, folks from all economic levels, tourists, enjoying the game and the atmosphere.

PG County - Every Saturday from 3 pm to about 8pm at the bookstore in Largo Town Center (where the Metro ends). All black folks in there with sets and clocks available. Enjoy.

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
Do tell.

And OP we had a small movement going on this summer in this thread http://www.the-coli.com/locker-room/17207-chess.html, but it fizzled out..bring it back

Trying to see what the chess scene is like in Houston. In DC it was pretty prolific.

I'm trying to get up on the same app the OP is on. I'm the type of dude who goes to Union Square and watches dudes do their thing on the boards trying to soak up some knowledge. Yet the best way to get better at something is to take a hands on approach. So I'm down for some games. Plus these days board games are more fun to me than video games for some reason.

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
It just your typical chess app, but let me know what app you are on and we can set up a game.
I was asking your screen name on that app, i have it already, shoot me a game req, Dreadhead201

DC - Dupont Circle on the weekends all day there and on weekdays around 3pm - 8 pm, lively ,all cultures, races, folks from all economic levels, tourists, enjoying the game and the atmosphere.

PG County - Every Saturday from 3 pm to about 8pm at the bookstore in Largo Town Center (where the Metro ends). All black folks in there with sets and clocks available. Enjoy.

good shyt breh

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
My reason for asking is cause I found this app called chess.com, they got it on the iPhone and android markets, you sign up and you can look people up by name and play wit them, it even has a chat feature, if anybody interested you can shoot me a game request @ Dreadhead201, I mentioned something about this back when the poker tournaments started poppin and I remember a few cats sayin they'd be down

Hell yeah thas how I learned to play, choppin it up wit the older heads :myman:

:myman:

Ayo word life I used to think chess waws a cornball game. Seen my older (bookworm) brother play that shyt growing up and never got interested. When I started my 4 year bid in 08, needed somethin to pass the time and seen cats my age, street nikkas at that, playin the shyt.

So I took my lumps, lost prolly 2/3 games on the regular until I got my mind right, played some old heads & some lifers...

Then became one of the go-to guys on the compound. The game literally changed my life. Given the isolation of prison, and the mental transformation & new perspective on life that a serious case, betrayal, abandonment, conflict, and feelings of revenge will put on one's mind & heart...chess was my answer to damn near every problem. I started looking at simple things like who I associated with, small talk & conversations I engaged in, moves I made in prison and moves I was to make when I came home...........ALL AS CHESS MOVES.

This enabled me not only to learn the game better & smash old heads on the regular, but I became a little more wise due to the fact that I was strategically planning for my future.

Love the game. But real shyt, my best games were always wit the Gods. Summertime, we'd bring the boards out on the yard, while it was basketball tournaments, fights, gang initiations all occuring everywhere around us, and just observe it all, and build right there while we was trading moves. I ain't play for a while when I came home, but I copped an app a few months ago and been setting the IQ of the computer on the highest level to get my game back.

@DreadHead_P I been meaning to make this post for a minute now but I aint think it was that many players here. I'll sign up on the app you got and hit chu lata, my username gonna be AVthaPHARAOH when I set it up. Bring ya A game.

Peace.

:win:

Last edited by a moderator:

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin

:myman:

Ayo word life I used to think chess waws a cornball game. Seen my older (bookworm) brother play that shyt growing up and never got interested. When I started my 4 year bid in 08, needed somethin to pass the time and seen cats my age, street nikkas at that, playin the shyt.

So I took my lumps, lost prolly 2/3 games on the regular until I got my mind right, played some old heads & some lifers...

Then became one of the go-to guys on the compound. The game literally changed my life. Given the isolation of prison, and the mental transformation & new perspective on life that a serious case, betrayal, abandonment, conflict, and feelings of revenge will put on one's mind & heart...chess was my answer to damn near every problem. I started looking at simple things like who I associated with, small talk & conversations I engaged in, moves I made in prison and moves I was to make when I came home...........ALL AS CHESS MOVES.

This enabled me not only to learn the game better & smash old heads on the regular, but I became a little more wise due to the fact that I was strategically planning for my future.

Love the game. But real shyt, my best games were always wit the Gods. Summertime, we'd bring the boards out on the yard, while it was basketball tournaments, fights, gang initiations all occuring everywhere around us, and just observe it all, and build right there while we was trading moves. I ain't play for a while when I came home, but I copped an app a few months ago and been setting the IQ of the computer on the highest level to get my game back.

@DreadHead_P I been meaning to make this post for a minute now but I aint think it was that many players here. I'll sign up on the app you got and hit chu lata, my username gonna be AVthaPHARAOH when I set it up. Bring ya A game.

Peace.

:win:
Ion know what it is about jail and chess that go hand and hand. Me and my cousin learned from an older cousin who had did a bid when we were like 13/14, then he got locked up and when he came out that was all he wanted to do. Didnt really play for years cause i never had anyone to play wit, then i got sat down for 6 weeks in county last year and got back on it, all i did was play wit older cats who prefected their game during long ass bids. When i first started studyin 120 me and my enlightener used to build while playin chess

Last edited by a moderator:

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Ion know what it is about jail and chess that go hand and hand. Me and my cousin learned from an older cousin who had did a bid when we were like 13/14, then he got locked up and when he came out that was all he wanted to do. Didnt really play for years cause i never had anyone to play wit, then i got sat down for 6 weeks in county last year and got back on it, all i did was play wit older cats who prefected their game during long as bids. When i first started studyin 120 me and my enlightener used to build while playin chess

shyts like peanut butter & jelly. I seen ignorant nikkas come up and become wiser fukkin wit the board. It's an accomplishment to me anytime I can teach a dummy how to play or bring someone into the game. Especially cats of this generation. First they like :comeon::pacspit:

Then soon as they learn the mechanics, or you hit them wit the "look at the pawns like your street soldiers...nikkas like you :heh:"

Then they start lookin at the game like :ohhh:

Anyways, I'm signed up as AVthaPHARAOH. I'm open to all challenges. No school or work today so I'll fukk around for an hour or so, right after I get back from runnin a quick errand. Get at me.

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin

shyts like peanut butter & jelly. I seen ignorant nikkas come up and become wiser fukkin wit the board. It's an accomplishment to me anytime I can teach a dummy how to play or bring someone into the game. Especially cats of this generation. First they like :comeon::pacspit:

Then soon as they learn the mechanics, or you hit them wit the "look at the pawns like your street soldiers...nikkas like you :heh:"

Then they start lookin at the game like :ohhh:

Anyways, I'm signed up as AVthaPHARAOH. I'm open to all challenges. No school or work today so I'll fukk around for an hour or so, right after I get back from runnin a quick errand. Get at me.
im bout to create a game and shoot you a req