We Got Any Chess Players In Here?

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
While we on the subject has anybody seen the Bobby Fischer documentary? :ohmy: crazy what too much of anything can do to you

While i find him eccentric, i always felt Fischer was ahead of his time when it came to chess. the problem with him though is he became the game.

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
i find playing with lesser known opening keep the opponents on there toes
Definitely, there's a Starbucks here where people meet up and play almost every night so I'll sometimes go by there and play a few games, I played this one dude last week who opened up by freeing his rooks and bringing them out to attack, threw my game off cause I had never seen anyone do that before

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
I play online. Is you bout that life? :shaq:
What website?

While i find him eccentric, i always felt Fischer was ahead of his time when it came to chess. the problem with him though is he became the game.

He was definitely ahead of his time, I think his gift was just given to someone in the wrong situation to properly handle it, he would have had problems even if he never learned the game

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
my younger brother taught me how to play when we were kids..in hs i was actually on a state championship team..thats when i picked up strategies and the like..in undergrad couple of my nikkas and the RAs in the dorms i stayed in used to play so we'd go play and rap about real stuff...after that i played sparingly...last time i played was with my gf when we were chillin but she doesn't know strategies so i just end up checkmating her in 2 moves constantly lol

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
:wow: I was into chess hard as a youngin'.....haven't seriously played in a while tho :guilty:

:skip: Now I wanna go play to see exactly how rusty I am.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining