We gonna talk about how John Cena already surpassed The Rock as an actor?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
John Cena finally made it, people forget both of these dude went into hollywood at around the same time.
Between them two and Batista, they are the biggest movies stars WWE has ever seen. I remember when they tried to make Hulk Hogan a movie star. :mjlol:

But low key, Andre the Giant was the best actor out of all of them based off princess bride alone.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So did rock. :manny:

That's my point. It's different when it's Disney. shyt would've been a smash with a noname.
false they purposely pick well-known actors for the side roles
The rock embodies Maui just like Robin Williams embodies Genie

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Cena is a legit great comedic actor, Dwayne is too concerned with playing the "peak man" persona he's cultivated, he's afraid to make fun of himself just like Vin Diesel.
I think this is a solid take. I've been disappointed with how safe The Rock has played most of his movie career. The thing that frustrates me is The Rock does have those comedic chops. He was fukking hilarious back in the Attitude Era, and was creative enough to come up with all his own promos and stuff.

For whatever reason I just don't like a lot of the movies he chooses to be in.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
You gotta give Dwayne a chance to respond first, let Black Adam come out first. :whoa:

oh-no-you-didnt-pout.gif

DaStangMan

Rookie
Bushed
Daps
I find Cena's roles more engaging and natural than the Rock's. Rock is a cornball goofy dad in real life and it shows in his performances. An awesome solid guy who's got a heart of gold but all I see in the Black Adam trailer is the rock pretending to be serious but still a goofball who tries to hard.