We Down With JPP?: The Official New York Football Giants offseason thread

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
cooper and odb :noah: with a somewhat healthy cruz in the slot? :noah: we wouldnt have to worry about getting :king: eli weapons for the rest of his career.

i honestly dont know who i'd want them to pick, you can make a case for several players. the only thing when it comes to o-line is :king: eli honestly just needs great interior lineman so he can step up in the pocket. diehl was consistently blown by but all :king: eli had to do was step up and he made the play. so that might be a reason why i might shy away from an o-lineman as the first pick. we are pretty solid in the middle.

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
are we though? drc was pretty average and who knows with prince. he looked good last year but he's been awful for the majority of his career and is coming off a serious injury
:what: his rookie year was the time he looked awful.

He has improved every year IMO.

DRC is playing in a system this year that will benefit him. Spags will get the most of him.

Tobias

i'm afraid i just blue myself
Daps
Reppin
UNC, NYG, MCFC, Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Braves
:what: his rookie year was the time he looked awful.

He has improved every year IMO.

DRC is playing in a system this year that will benefit him. Spags will get the most of him.

awful was too strong of a word. just inconsistent. the injury concerns me more than anything though

if we can get revis, it's something that's got to be considered. it doesn't matter how strong we are in the secondary, you'll always take a revis.

no idea how the cap numbers would work

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
awful was too strong of a word. just inconsistent. the injury concerns me more than anything though

if we can get revis, it's something that's got to be considered. it doesn't matter how strong we are in the secondary, you'll always take a revis.

no idea how the cap numbers would work
Here's the thing we sign revis to a two year deal with a voidable second. Revis cap number has to be low in the first year because eli has a cap hit of 19 million and Jpp a cap hit of 15 million.

Drc cap hit is 8 million and Prince is 7. Revis cap will be about 7-10. All that money going to corners with no S, LBs,OG,average rb, and have to save 6 million for the rookie pool. If he comes to nyg there will be a lot of problems with his contract from Jpp and prince IMO

ETA: we will get players who agree to the price we set. We aren't going into a bidding war...check the tweets every high price fa that we negotiate with are saying we are in third..:ehh:

Last edited:

Tobias

i'm afraid i just blue myself
Daps
Reppin
UNC, NYG, MCFC, Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Braves
Here's the thing we sign revis to a two year deal with a voidable second. Revis cap number has to be low in the first year because eli has a cap hit of 19 million and Jpp a cap hit of 15 million.

Drc cap hit is 8 million and Prince is 7. Revis cap will be about 7-10. All that money going to corners with no S, LBs,OG,average rb, and have to save 6 million for the rookie pool. If he comes to nyg there will be a lot of problems with his contract from Jpp and prince IMO

dammit man let me just live in my fantasy world where we get him for cheap

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
Vereen huh? Finally a pass catching option for Eli, too many times our RBs are wide open and drop balls or run garbage routes.

If he stays healthy I like the move.

From the main FA thread, I like it.

Oh and I'm all aboard getting Cooper if he's there. ODB, Cruz, Cooper, Vereen out of the backfield, somebodys gonna be open every play :banderas: