We Down With JPP?: The Official New York Football Giants offseason thread

Tobias

i'm afraid i just blue myself
Daps
Reppin
UNC, NYG, MCFC, Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Braves
I just hope we draft another secret weapon, like we did with our Future GOAT ODB:blessed:

i had some posts over on tmb about that pick when it happened.

wish i could wipe clean my posting history bc i was very critical of that pick. i am embarrassed at it looking back on it.

one of my biggest moments of stupidity

forgive me lord odb

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
hopefully some of the guys from last year will stay healthy. looking at you jennings and thurmond and schwartz (if he's even back).

I read they're focusing more on the d line and of course a running back so they better hope all those guys on offense stay healthy. I'm reading they're going to let thurmond walk tho

Tobias

Daps
Reppin
I read they're focusing more on the d line and of course a running back so they better hope all those guys on offense stay healthy. I'm reading they're going to let thurmond walk tho

idk how yall feel about him but what if somehow, jameis slips to us. do you take him to be eli's replacement?

i know its an impossible hypothetical and we have a ton of other problems, but i would love to get him

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
idk how yall feel about him but what if somehow, jameis slips to us. do you take him to be eli's replacement?

i know its an impossible hypothetical and we have a ton of other problems, but i would love to get him

Nah too much work to do. Team needs to rebuild both lines, get some secondary help and get a running back. There's no way you draft Jameis. That's a redskins move

Tobias

Daps
Reppin
Nah too much work to do. Team needs to rebuild both lines, get some secondary help and get a running back. There's no way you draft Jameis. That's a redskins move

i guess it comes down to how much eli has in the tank. he looked great last year but does have another 3, high level years left?

dont want this to be construed as me saying to get rid of eli. i just think jameis is a franchise qb and him learning underneath eli and being able to mature in an organization like ours before taking over in 2-3 years would be ideal.

like i said, he wont slip that far so its a moot point. just bored at work and thought it would be an interesting discussion until FA really gets going. i see both sides of the argument

Tobias

Daps
Reppin
I'll be surprised if Reese doesn't draft an OT with the 9th pick. Walton was cut, so Richburg will be a long time starter at Center. I say move Pugh to RG.
Beatty-Schwartz-Richburg-Pugh-Rookie OT. Looks promising, and the learning curve for RT isn't as extensive like other positions.

wish there was a cant miss LT in this draft. peat and scherff are good prospects but they will be RT for a few years and i would love a guy that we could immediately plug in on the left

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
wish there was a cant miss LT in this draft. peat and scherff are good prospects but they will be RT for a few years and i would love a guy that we could immediately plug in on the left
your not confident in Beatty? Beatty was ok last season, and we can't cut him with his contract. There was some talk of moving Pugh to LT. I don't agree with that. I think Pugh fits better as a guard.

Tobias

Daps
Reppin
your not confident in Beatty? Beatty was ok last season, and we can't cut him with his contract. There was some talk of moving Pugh to LT. I don't agree with that. I think Pugh fits better as a guard.

i don't want to cut him. he had his moments but overall he was pretty meh

just want a future LT and Beatty is not that. peat or scherff could be but thats no guarantee.

although with how quick mcadoo wants the ball coming out in his offense, we can get by with what we have

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
i don't want to cut him. he had his moments but overall he was pretty meh

just want a future LT and Beatty is not that. peat or scherff could be but thats no guarantee.

although with how quick mcadoo wants the ball coming out in his offense, we can get by with what we have
Actually your scenario looks better rookie LT-Schwartz-Richburg-Pugh-Beatty

Tobias

Daps
Reppin
Actually your scenario looks better rookie LT-Schwartz-Richburg-Pugh-Beatty

just reading about a hypothetical line that doesn't completely blow and actually is pretty good has me real fukking excited

can it be football season already