Ways your parents REFUSE to modernize

Daps
My mother still calls the number on the back of her debit card to get the balance, or pulls out her laptop to go on the website. She doesn’t trust apps.

She still has a million store cards on her keys, again not trusting apps

My dad has a pair of sneakers that are around 20 years old to cut the grass in.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
My mother still calls the number on the back of her debit card to get the balance, or pulls out her laptop to go on the website. She doesn’t trust apps.

She still has a million store cards on her keys, again not trusting apps

My dad has a pair of sneakers that are around 20 years old to cut the grass in.

What do you want him to do? Cop some fresh air forces to do yard work? :beli:

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Yea My mom is the same with with bank apps, she won't use them on her iphone or iPad. But will call the number or drive to branch location.
We live in different states now and it's mad annoying when she wants some cash and I have to go the physical bank to make the deposit instead of cash app or Zelle.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
My mom refuses to get an Amazon account. Instead she gets my siblings to order for her and send it to her. She tries that with me and I tell her to just get an Amazon account. She literally told me it would be fun to search Amazon together to choose what she wants. I looked her dead in her oculus and told her "No, that would not be fun for me. It would be annoying. Get an Amazon account." She didn't like that response but it's tough love.

vBqz04I.png

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11
My dad still writes checks to pay utilities. Puts them in the envelopes and then DRIVES to each location to drop them off.

When he wants to check his bank balance, he drives to the ATM.

If something still functions or if it's fixable, he sees no need to get rid of it. He still has the fridge he bought in 94 as his MAIN fridge.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If something still functions or if it's fixable, he sees no need to get rid of it. He still has the fridge he bought in 94 as his MAIN fridge.

That's not really old fashioned, that's just practical :manny:

If it was a phone or computer that's different, but a fridge from '94 can keep my food just as cold as a fridge from '24 :yeshrug: