Watching The Godfather for the first time

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
I still have it and the prequel “Family Corleone” I need to get to, and I’ve had them for over 15 years. :damn:

I remember I started Family Corleone but stopped.
Godfather and The Sicilian (which has Michael Corleone in it) are must read Puzo books...if those type of books are your thing. Never read the prequel. I stay far away from them non-Puzo Godfather books...after I read some of one of em. I think it was Godfather Returns maybe...whatever...It was trash. The author made Fredo a finocchio :wrist:. Straight up infamita:mjlol:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Godfather and The Sicilian (which has Michael Corleone in it) are must read Puzo books...if those type of books are your thing. Never read the prequel. I stay far away from them non-Puzo Godfather books...after I read some of one of em. I think it was Godfather Returns maybe...whatever...It was trash. The author made Fredo a finocchio :wrist:. Straight up infamita:mjlol:
I think Family Corleone is based on Puzo’s layout that he didn’t get to do.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Part 2 you can stop but if you want to finish the saga give part 3 a watch. Just don't expect 1 and 2 levels of goatness.
The third one is a very good movie on its own, it just can’t live up to the status of its predecessors. But it’s still in the top 10% of crime movies in my opinion.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The third one is a very good movie on its own, it just can’t live up to the status of its predecessors. But it’s still in the top 10% of crime movies in my opinion.
Yeah idk. Has its moments but I don't think it's all that great. Too many flaws for me. Bad script. Bad acting. Bad kills. Ridiculous plot. Didn't work.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I would like to see The Family Corleone, made into a movie or series. I recently watched the entire Trilogy and part 3 gets unfairly shyt on, but they could done without the incest shyt though. Those were 1st cousins :hhh:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I would like to see The Family Corleone, made into a movie or series. I recently watched the entire Trilogy and part 3 gets unfairly shyt on, but they could done without the incest shyt though. Those were 1st cousins :hhh:
they wont touch this and they shouldn't ... even hollywood wont stoupe this low.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps

I don’t know why he came up with that plotline. Maybe because Carlo Gambino married his cousin? Definitely could have done with that story.

The studios unfortunately didn’t want to cough up more money for Robert Duvall. They offered Al Pacino $5 million and Duvall $1 million. Duvall said he would accept it if Pacino was making 2-3 times what he got, but not 5 times.

Coppola re-wrote the script, he originally had Tom having a bigger part. The studios also didn’t give Coppola as much time to make it as he wanted, so the movie was rushed.

The main reason he made the movie was because his previous films had flopped at the box office and the studio was unhappy.