Watching The FIrst X-Men flick, Shyt Ain't Holdin' Up Well, Cuz

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
The only things holding up well are Halle's tittays, tho :noah:

I ain't gonna front, tho. I bet lots of nikkas done bailed on this.

Hugh Jackman was probably the jewel of this whole shyt. I understand nikkas is kinda salty over him getting main pub in all these flicks, but he's pretty much Bruce Timm Batman status among the Justice League. Just unfukkwitable.

Look how thirsty we were, nikkas. The cinematic superhero boom didn't take off just yet, but we was so desperate for a movie like this to come out that we loved it anyway. Episode I didn't even get that treatment.

It's ok, tho. Singer came back with that 2-piece on the sequel, and we eventually got First Class and The Wolverine later on.

I'm going through my old DVDs I haven't watched in a while, and this was next. I didn't bother starting a thread on how whack Episode 1 was, but may drop an appreciation on that exchange between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul.

Anyway, it's embarrassment that I saw this movie so many times at the theater with money I actually earned :snoop:

Last edited:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
The second one is still one of the best superhero movies ever made and the only one that was truly great in the whole damn franchise..

That Apocalypse movie better be crack, but I'm afraid Fox will fukk it up
I'm kinda nervous with this upcoming one, with Singer back. and Vaughn gone. I know Singer was a producer, but I can't help but think Vaughn brought so much to it, by getting so much out of the characters. There were a few acting cringe moments, but nothing derailing. I hope Singer takes a step-up from X2, and not a step back.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'm kinda nervous with this upcoming one, with Singer back. and Vaughn gone. I know Singer was a producer, but I can't help but think Vaughn brought so much to it, by getting so much out of the characters. There were a few acting cringe moments, but nothing derailing. I hope Singer takes a step-up from X2, and not a step back.

yea plus he's doing the Apocalypse movie next, so this has to be good to set up the Apocalypse move..I don't blame Singer for the shytty Superman and the mediocre X-men first movie...he is a great director that has done great independent work, but Fox and others have forced him to fukk up his creativity and hard edge...Singer does the most he can without those fukking Fox execs breathing down his neck

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Say a movie didn't hold up well with out going into details, brehs :snoop:
I ain't giving drunkin play-by-play at 1:31 am, bruh. I'm just capable of declarations :heh:

That scene where Wolverine spun on that extension of the Statue of Liberty with his claw and the "turn humans into mutants" threat could be a start :ld:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
yea it didnt hold up much in way of visuals and shyt and that cage fight where u first see wolverine is just hilarious :heh:....even when it first came out i remember everybody saying wolverine was the main standout anyway....X2 came thru and crush the buildings tho and is still my favorite xmen movie

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
naw, the movie holds up...the thing you notice is how the whole movie was pretty much wolverine featuring the xmen...hell, all the movies were that...but at the time, people were just excited to get an xmen movie, they kinda ignored that....

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I watched all the X-Men movies a few months back and yeah the first one looks like trash now. The CGI is awful and the storyline wasn't all that great.

Its a tossup between X2 and X-Men: First Class for the best X-Men movie. Both were great.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
what's with the nerd hating on the early 00s movies all of the sudden? (spiderman, xmen)

:camby:

at this rate in3 years we'll get a "batman begins wasn't that hot brehs :patrice:" thread

:beli:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Dat Wolverine vs Sabretooth fight was kinda nice tho...

I loved the part when he stabbed himself to get out of the trap. Sheeeiittt...

:banderas: