watching Enemy of the State for the first time

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Isn't Jamie Kennedy in this too? :mjlol:

But yeah, a great movie. OP really deserved a neg train for waiting so long to watch it.
A few people. The dude behind all the clerks movies died in the first 5 minutes. Jack Black, Angelina Jolies dad obv, the one white boy from Oceans 11/gone in 60 seconds, Seth Green lol, the list goes on and on.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
If yall fukk with this...watch the Conversation. Its got Hackman in it also and is basically the prequel to this
I had to ctrl+f for Conversation and very glad someone suggested it.

I got the drop on the films being brothers, but not sequels a few years back and was very pleased with the OG.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Good movie but damn it's unrealistic as shyt. Will went from being one of the dumbest and corniest nikkas to a pseudo, but still dumb, spy within 36 hours.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I watched again around the time I made that post, ether earlier this year or late December 2022, and it held up well.

it's still Tony Scott, and there's too many car chases and extended actions scenes, and a lot of the post 1980's paranoia cliches linger "this goes all the way to the top", where senators are ordering men killed, (which felt a little timely) and Chief Of Staff to the president are the real evil.

I grew up on those movies from the mid to late 90's, and still love them. I was watching a lot of Will's old stuff, after the Oscars, and damn, he was/is good. The plot is a little messier than it needs to be, and the direction is choppy, but it's a solid thriller. I could have watched just an adult drama about Smith, Regina Hall, and their marriage probably.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
it's that time of the year...i seriously never get tired of watching this...just finished my annual watch :pachaha:

RIP Sizemore.
Putting this one on the list for Xmas movies. Totally forgot to put it on.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
part of my holiday tradition to watch.

still will's best movie IMO
Forgot this existed! He looked good as hell in this movie. This is a really good movie.

Will Smith is a fukking star, man.

Was he married to Jada at this point :jbhmm: