Watching Captain Marvel again after binge watching Ms Marvel….

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
It was set in 1995. What else were they supposed to used? :russ:
I said mostly glowing stuff about this movie but yet you focus on one nit:bryan:
They spent 2 minutes on purpose to show a file uploading to a computer for no reason other than hey its the 90s:troll:
Great its a perfect movie to you :pachaha:
good for you:obama:

Last edited:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
The problem it suffers from is that you don't really get the impression that she earned anything. The best hero journeys are ones where they fail at some point, learn, get back up, are tested and ultimately prevail. Once she gets her powers, she's not really tested at all. She just cuts through people with no problem. If you look at the other top Marvel origin movies - Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Black Panther, they all have to go through a lot before eventually emerging triumphant. This is what CM was lacking, as well as that Brie wasn't all that charismatic. It had enjoyable moments, Talos was great, and I always like seeing the cosmic side of the MCU but overall just ok IMO. I'm hoping The Marvels fixes a lot of that.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The problem it suffers from is that you don't really get the impression that she earned anything. The best hero journeys are ones where they fail at some point, learn, get back up, are tested and ultimately prevail. Once she gets her powers, she's not really tested at all. She just cuts through people with no problem. If you look at the other top Marvel origin movies - Iron Man, Thor, Cap, Black Panther, they all have to go through a lot before eventually emerging triumphant. This is what CM was lacking, as well as that Brie wasn't all that charismatic. It had enjoyable moments, Talos was great, and I always like seeing the cosmic side of the MCU but overall just ok IMO. I'm hoping The Marvels fixes a lot of that.

I mean, you can say the same thing about the first Iron Man. Once he builds the suit he wasn’t tested.

This movie was about the Kree kidnapping Brie and wiping her memory. They trained her for 6 years. She had her powers but they but shackles on her.

All this movie was about was rediscovering who she was. And as far as adversity, she went thru or her whole life.

The timing of this movie is what through people off.

And Ant-Man 2 is another underrated movie. It set up a lot of shyt in the MCU. But since Ant-Man 2, and Captain Marvel came out after Infinity War and before there were no higher stakes (both movies had minor stakes and small plots), they both got overlooked. People only saw them as filler until End Game.