Watching Batman the animated series for the first time

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Show was so god tier I was scared to watch it for the longest because of the dark tone to it (color wise). It was pretty much the darkest cartoon (color and subject matter wise) during the 90s, when talking about after noon/Saturday morning cartoons.

Crooks shot real guns
dealt drugs
People died
Harley constantly got her ass whooped by joker :mjlol:
Non of the villians were really on that take over the world steeze, a lot of them had real problems.

Cartoon constantly pushed the boundary for what we thought it could do but never jumped the shark just to be outrageous.

:wow:
We were kids watching grown man stories

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Show was so god tier I was scared to watch it for the longest because of the dark tone to it (color wise). It was pretty much the darkest cartoon (color and subject matter wise) during the 90s, when talking about after noon/Saturday morning cartoons.

Crooks shot real guns
dealt drugs
People died
Non of the villians were really on that take over the world steeze, a lot of them had real problems.

Cartoon constantly pushed the boundary for what we thought it could do but never jumped the shark just to be outrageous.

Gargoyles also :myman::whew:

Keith David the gawd

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Loved that channel. Was one of my favorites on for years. JL/jlu, transformers, and a bunch of the 60s-80's stiff I grew up watching, including a lot of my hanna-barbera favorites were on there. Me and my wife would watch Justice League every night like that shyt was breaking bad since neither of us had watched it during its original run.
man, i would watch transformers and gi joe
then wonder years and doogie howser

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Whats so great about the show also is that...
Its not about how ill Batman is
Its about these criminals
These villains
The stories that bring these characters to life
I aint no scholar and shyt
But I appreciate that they went there
Its like even as a teenager muthafukka smokin with my crimeys watchin this shyt id sit back and be like "damn... he was so much more than just THE PENGUIN!"

i think thats what i loved about the show the most. They would actually try to make you feel compassion for these villains
And some of it was justified
This is what made the show so damn great. The villains man. The Clay Face episode to this day is one of the best episodes ever created for a villain. I legit felt sorry for ol boy and pissed at the same damn time. He got done bad and just started going ham on everybody.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Crooks shot real guns
dealt drugs
People died

Hell, when I see blood, that in itself made B:TAS mad :ohmy:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This is what made the show so damn great. The villains man. The Clay Face episode to this day is one of the best episodes ever created for a villain. I legit felt sorry for ol boy and pissed at the same damn time. He got done bad and just started going ham on everybody.
The 2face one too
It was like, damn...
I feel your pain man