Watching Batman the animated series for the first time

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
"The Demon's Quest" Part 1 and 2 solidified to me that David Warner as Ra's al Ghul is as perfect casting as it can get. Just like Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hammil as The Joker.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Yup

Roddy McDowall was also spot on casting as the mad hatter
People always talk about how the DCAU reinvented Mr. Freeze but it also did wonders for the Mad Hatter as well. In the comics at the time he was a child murderer with pedophilia tendencies (which wouldn't fly for a kids television show) and in BTAS he was a brilliant guy who got tired of being overlooked in life and snapped. All of his episodes were great too and Roddy was a great and underrated actor in his own right.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Shirley Walker wrote all of this music for this series and never got her props because she was a woman. She even helped orchestrate some of the sessions on Batman 89...

Hans Zimmer was her understudy and Danny Elfman also got help from her for scoring Batman 89....

She's written for countless others but she took those secrets to the grave...

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
People always talk about how the DCAU reinvented Mr. Freeze but it also did wonders for the Mad Hatter as well. In the comics at the time he was a child murderer with pedophilia tendencies (which wouldn't fly for a kids television show) and in BTAS he was a brilliant guy who got tired of being overlooked in life and snapped. All of his episodes were great too and Roddy was a great and underrated actor in his own right.
Peter Vincent

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's been 25 years and that HARDAC arc still gives me nightmares. I've haven't watched a full episode of that series since I was a kid but I'll be 80 and won't forget Robot Batman. :sadcam: