Watch: Taye Diggs Talks About Being Labeled A “White Boy”

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
It can be bout being weird or depending where you from I think ...... I never got told I talked "white" till sum nikkas from the south said I did :patrice:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Ehhh it’s more so based on environment, their securities and them being unable to put you in a box based on their upbringing / surroundings.

Usually put together black men receive this.

:mjlol:

But let the cap commence.

“I’ve never heard this before”

“huh?”

“that must be a millennial & Gen z thing”
I mean people would say that “you look like you date white girls” shyt for anything. I listened to hiphop, but I also listen and will proudly blast Phil Collins and Fleetwood Mac or some shyt. That’s literally all it took for people to say that. Never mind that I went to a 99.5% black high school and lived in one of the roughest projects that just happened to be right near my high school. It was never that deep with me.. people would just be shocked whenever I was dating a sista.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
It's all about how you carry yourself. nikka lame as shyt and they called him as such.

Anybody in here sympathizing, the same was done to you. :manny:
Nah lol heres the truth.

As a black dude who worked in the night life industry, has modeled for major companies, fukked chicks on sight without saying a word off physical appearance alone.

SOME black chicks usually do this if you are...attractive, in a universal sense. not "lame".

A dude who looks like dame dash, will get that comment less than a...chestnut or kodjoe. Because chestnut or kodjoe in their prime look like they can get anyone. So insecure (black)women will assume if you can get anyone, you'll go white. (The actual bad black women though dont do this, because they get it, and can attract anyone also)

Even some girls who were blatantly attracted to me, that I fukked, still said some shyt like that. Whereas there's dudes they wont fukk or tell them how "fine" they are to their face, that they wont say "you date white girls" to.

Lots of average looking dudes out here not knowing the feels of making bytches insecure. And thinking its some negative trait in you lol because in their reality, this doesnt happen.

Imma say this, and it might piss people off but its the fukking truth. Some people out there can only attract in their own racial pool, unless they really try hard to date out. And some girls guys come off like that.

Guarantee alot of coli members are like that, so some of the "militant" attitude is...involuntary anyway lol

Breaking the 4th wall. Sorry.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I had a Hispanic female friend at the job I used to call in another department and say what's up to.

Just regular stuff. She has a black woman that works in her office.

Tell me if I don't call one day and my friend isn't there, so the black woman got on the phone and pretended to be my friend just to see what we talk about:mjlol:

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I never thought he was the type to date WW until I saw him dating ww. From the conversations I’ve had with others about him, no one begin to think he only liked WW until that’s who he was consistently seen with.
Usually when brehettes say a man looks like he dates WW it’s not about his attractiveness level. It’s about a vibe he gives off and it’s hard to explain because it’s not necessarily just how he talks or dresses, it’s something else.

That being said the only times I’ve seen women just inaccurately assuming a breh dates WW off the bat without him necessarily giving off that vibe is in those white suburban environments. And in those environments brehettes will begin to assume any breh dates WW, because iR is higher in those environments and they get used to seeing all kind of Brehs dating out.

A lot of times brehettes are right when they peg certain Brehs as being men who date white girls—while he may not exclusively date WW, he’s dated them.

I never cared about that when I was younger. If a Breh looked good and I wanted him, regardless if he had that vibe I was going to make it known that I was interested. So I’ve dated a fair share of Brehs who pawged and each time a friend would warn me “he seems like he only date white girls” and I would ngaf. But I would date them and lo behold they would admit to mostly dating WW. So yeah in some cases brehettes be right on the mark. In other cases they’re just assuming.

I do kind of get it what he’s saying though on another level. I’ve had men wrongly assume I have a zaddy or some rich white older boyfriend. It’s insulting because I feel like low key it’s a way of equating me as one of those thots who sells her body for money. And I know damn well I don’t do shyt to give off that vibe.

I will say I am a little surprised Taye is with April. They just seem so mismatched.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They released the right teaser clip. Social media will kick into overdrive discussing the upcoming episode. Probably a full five minutes of the entire show.

====
Actor Jeffrey Wright was called "White Boy Jeff" in his neighborhood growing up. He said that those were fighting words.

Both he and Taye Diggs are still visibly upset when it's brought up in interviews. Successful, accomplished in their fields, but still have the scars from that.

Last edited:

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I’ve experience this as I got older. How I hear it is “ I’m really intimidated by your presence” or “I’m not ready for someone like you”

I don’t look at it as a compliment (it is not) moreso insecurities coming out because you present your self outside of the facade some men present.
It’s a slap in the face, but also a blessing in disguise.

If you truly feel you not on the same level as me, by all means, go ahead. As men, we are conditioned to believe women (black women in this case) are God’s gift to mankind, and not being able to attract or be with them is an indictment on thy self.

There are women who are purely trash. Stop beating yourself up for being on your game.

Last edited:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
It’s a slap in the face, but also a blessing in disguise.

If you truly feel you not on the same level as me, by all means, go ahead. As men, we are conditioned to believe women (black women in this case) are God’s gift to mankind, and not being able to attract or be with them is an indictment on thy self.

There are women who are purely trash. Stop beating yourself up for being on your game.

Good thoughts. I agree, but I find that the ones who have said something to that effect were either: a) unattractive or b) I wasn’t interested therefore I can see how this could be used as an insult. I personally don’t care for white women outside of sex ( and this is if she is throwing at me, I rarely holla at white women).

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I mean if the shoe fits :troll:

Man you can't take that shyt too seriously if people are ignorant that's their problem. BUT IF you one of those clarance Thomas whitewashed traitor to ya own people sellout type of nikka and everyone can see it then...

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I believe him. Some Black people say ignorant shyt based off of their own insecurities and stereotyping.:yeshrug:
But that can be a problem on the other side too, I’ve seen more than enough Black people that think they’re a superior being because they’re into things that are stereotypically “White” or “not Black”. And then’ll get mad because other Black people peep game, and get on their ass.:francis: