Watch: Taye Diggs Talks About Being Labeled A “White Boy”

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Taye Diggs’ name has been buzzing because of his hilarious videos on social media and his growing relationship with Apryl Jones. The actor is set to appear on Uncensored this Sunday, March 27 on TV One.

The hit autobiographical series Uncensored explores the lives of your favorite personalities as they provide first-hand accounts of their success and the obstacles they have faced throughout their careers.

This week’s episode highlights award-winning actor Taye Diggs. Diggs has been an actor and performer since the early 90’s. In 1998, he made his film debut in How Stella Got Her Groove Back, which brought Diggs his long-awaited acclaim and the necessary exposure to catapult his career to greater heights. Before that, Diggs made his Broadway debut in 1994 and became a Black film heartthrob after starring in How Stella Got Her Groove Back.

In the episode, Diggs talks about being labeled a “White boy,” the impact and cultural significance How Stella Got Her Groove Back played in his career, and when he became a “heartthrob.”

Diggs appears to be back in his own groove, getting active on social media and making appearances at award shows. We expect to see him on the big screen again soon enough.

Catch Taye Diggs on TV One’s Uncensored this Sunday, March 27th at 10 pm ET.

“You look like you date white girls”

:mjpls:

“You look like you date white girls” = You’re better than me.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
It's all about how you carry yourself. nikka lame as shyt and they called him as such.

Anybody in here sympathizing, the same was done to you. :manny:

Ehhh it’s more so based on environment, their securities and them being unable to put you in a box based on their upbringing / surroundings.

Usually put together black men receive this.

:mjlol:

But let the cap commence.

“I’ve never heard this before”

“huh?”

“that must be a millennial & Gen z thing”

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
He's still a c00n to me,I don't care who's currently dating
Been avoiding all his projects for years
nikka gay too
fukk em

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Ehhh it’s more so based on environment, their securities and them being unable to put you in a box based on their upbringing / surroundings.

“huh?”

If that's what's gonna make it feel better :hubie:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Taye Diggs’ name has been buzzing because of his hilarious videos on social media and his growing relationship with Apryl Jones. The actor is set to appear on Uncensored this Sunday, March 27 on TV One.

The hit autobiographical series Uncensored explores the lives of your favorite personalities as they provide first-hand accounts of their success and the obstacles they have faced throughout their careers.

This week’s episode highlights award-winning actor Taye Diggs. Diggs has been an actor and performer since the early 90’s. In 1998, he made his film debut in How Stella Got Her Groove Back, which brought Diggs his long-awaited acclaim and the necessary exposure to catapult his career to greater heights. Before that, Diggs made his Broadway debut in 1994 and became a Black film heartthrob after starring in How Stella Got Her Groove Back.

In the episode, Diggs talks about being labeled a “White boy,” the impact and cultural significance How Stella Got Her Groove Back played in his career, and when he became a “heartthrob.”

Diggs appears to be back in his own groove, getting active on social media and making appearances at award shows. We expect to see him on the big screen again soon enough.

Catch Taye Diggs on TV One’s Uncensored this Sunday, March 27th at 10 pm ET.

“You look like you date white girls” = You’re better than me

Thats exactly what it is, look how brehs are already on the attack in here :mjlol:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

“You look like you date white girls” = You’re better than me.

I'm gonna be real. Nothing black women did hurt me more than this. :mjcry:

The idea that I wouldn't be interested in you because I speak and dress differently is absurd.

Even if I did PAWG, it does not preclude dating and marrying a black woman. I'm still black and I can still relate to you, as a black woman, wayyy more than a non-black woman.:dwillhuh:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps

“huh?”

At my school nobody ever got bullied. The United Nations Jr debate team got more girls than the ball players
:troll:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I’ve experience this as I got older. How I hear it is “ I’m really intimidated by your presence” or “I’m not ready for someone like you”

I don’t look at it as a compliment (it is not) moreso insecurities coming out because you present your self outside of the facade some men present.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Black women who say that have deep insecurity issues. You could be talking to a white female coworker and at least one sister working there will think that's the case.
I had a Hispanic female friend at the job I used to call in another department and say what's up to.

Just regular stuff. She has a black woman that works in her office.

Tell me if I don't call one day and my friend isn't there, so the black woman got on the phone and pretended to be my friend just to see what we talk about:mjlol: