Washington Post: Sony and Nintendo are not in-step with how the rest of the software industry works

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Mainstream running with it now.

So it's not real? Running with it now, you are referring to reality right?
They still bytchin :stopitslime:

Where was all this concern when we were being raped 30 years ago by Nintendo?
So Nintendo was doing this 30yrs ago or are you just oddly making up lies like they MAN-DA-TORY!!!:picard:
I can almost understand it for older games, since they have to put in additional work for a game that was already 'finished' (it's still wack though). but any game being made now should be developed with the PS5 in mind
What additional work are you referring to. A more powerful system (10x more tflops) should at the least be able to run past gen games better. I know adding an extra rumble here and there isn't the reason either. So what is it, I've never seen that detailed by anyone including Sony. Sony seems to think playing last gen games on a PS5 = Next gen.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Until they make ‘next-gen’ exclusive games, the titles should be the same price across generations and upgrades should be free.

They are not doing much additional work that isnt already going into the PC version. They dont charge PC gamers extra for adding widescreen support, DLSS/AMD FSR implementation, QA for testing on multiple configurations or whatever else makes a good PC version.**

Once they make ‘next-gen’ exclusives and take advantage of DX12 Ultimate and PS5 specific APIs I can see them justifying charging a bit more since the expectation that the technology in the games will advance and it will require more people and time to create.

**I was taking a look around Steam. PC games should always be ~$10 lower than console games since you don’t have to pay platform licensing fee, but I noticed that new releases on PC match console pricing(Aliens Fireteam, The Ascent, Resident Evil Village etc) …so maybe they have been charging PC gamers on the low for extra features.

Edit: Maybe platform makers removed the additional licensing fee over the years.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Mainstream running with it now.

Sony and Nintendo are all about openly exploiting their customer base for whatever they can squeeze out of them. Nintendo is the most brazen and Sony a bit less so. Microsoft is about nickel and diming you long term but trying to at least present it like it's a value.

When Microsoft was humbled after the Xbox 360 it lead them to create more pro-consumer policies and stances and their customers benefit from that. Sony desperately needs that sort of humbling now. I mean they all get like this. Nintendo post-SNES was so high on itself they blew everything up. Microsoft post Xbox 360 thought they could dictate to the market how games were sold. Sony right now is basically like for fukk you pay.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sony and Nintendo are all about openly exploiting their customer base for whatever they can squeeze out of them. Nintendo is the most brazen and Sony a bit less so. Microsoft is about nickel and diming you long term but trying to at least present it like it's a value.

When Microsoft was humbled after the Xbox 360 it lead them to create more pro-consumer policies and stances and their customers benefit from that. Sony desperately needs that sort of humbling now. I mean they all get like this. Nintendo post-SNES was so high on itself they blew everything up. Microsoft post Xbox 360 thought they could dictate to the market how games were sold. Sony right now is basically like for fukk you pay.
That's not true at all tho, you're putting a sinister Sony spin on it. Yes, that was the narrative but the reality was we are going digital. They not in the business of waiting, they trying to innovate :ufdup: The console came with a disc drive so if you wasn't ready for the future you could live in stone age. But what Microsoft was trying to do was have the consoles communicate with the cloud while it's in sleep mode. That way the cloud could be more powerful and we could of had experiences we still haven't had yet.

The Kojima Xbox exclusive, or the destruction in crackdown 3. That's what they was trying to give us and Sony stans created the narrative that you just said. Along with the NSA using Kinect to spy on you. Kinect for TV was bad because it took power from the console, 10%. So when they removed it to please THEM our games didn't improve. So what's was the reason to kill off a good thing? Perception, because the narrative till this day lives as truth to the masses. That same mass of people now wanna convince you paying 10 more per game is ok and paying 60 a year for gamepass is dumb. Bad for the industry/etc. :smugfavre:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
also, this is why sony shouldn't have bend on the horizon prices cause now people think if they sign onto twitter and whine about pricing all day sony will bend on the 70 dollar thing and its obviously not gonna happen

if Sony could learn anyhting else from nintendo it's when people complain about their business they pretty much just ignore them