Washington Post: Ancient Egyptians were European

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Can't believe they used Yoruba while leaving out East African populations especially those in the Horn of Africa.
I imagine this was intentional. I suspect why is listed in the full study. I'll look once I get a chance to pull it up on my laptop.

Do you have a link to the full study?

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
The Yoruba emerged from the "Yam Hearth" in what is now central Nigeria, around 2,000 years ago. How is that related to the ethno-genesis of Ancient Egyptians, which occurred some 8,000 years ago due to migrations from the Green Sahara, the Upper Nile and some light admixture from South-West Asians and Libyans (Berber tribes)
:mindblown:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This article is ridiculous. Why would anyone think Ancient Egyptians (or Kemetians) are sub-Saharan Africans? Moreover, you don't have to be a Sub-Saharan African to be Black.

E.g. Ethiopia, Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia etc.

Of course, Sub-Asians (Europeans) would repeat such nonsense.
:mjlol:

Actually all those countries except Sudan are technically Sub-Saharan. Though I do get your point being that there is more than one type of black African and that cacs always try to pigeonhole us into thinking there can be only one type of "true negro" and that everyone else is Caucasian. This is a classic white supremacist tactic.

Nonetheless check out my last post. I lay it out pretty clearly why the word Sub-Saharan is comical to use in reference with the Ancient Egyptians because around the time of the origin of Ancient Egypt, the Sahara was a lush savannah that had a lot of Africans living in it. These Africans were the ancestors of the Ancient Egyptians.

Thus even mentioning the word Sub-Saharan in this conversation is stupid. The better question is whether the Ancient Egyptians originated from a native population of black Africans. And the answer to that question is undoubtedly yes. There is no evidence of a non-African origin to the Ancient Egyptian civilization. In fact all evidence points to Ancient Egyptian originating from Africans who originally lived south of the Sahara Desert but migrated north about 10,000 years ago when the climate in North Africa changed and the Sahara Desert became a lush savannah. Then about 7,000 years ago the climate changed rapidly again turning the Sahara into a desert. This is what forced those Africans who originally came from the south to migrate to the only oasis left in North Africa at that time. And that place was the Nile Valley.

If anyone is interested in this, there is a great book by a white man named Robert Bauval called BLACK GENESIS: THE PREHISTORIC ORIGINS OF ANCIENT EGYPT.

Go check it out.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I don't know shyt about genetics and I can tell you this is a joke :mjlol:
I don't even care about Egypt like that but these cacs are straight delusional:mjlol:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Actually all those countries except Sudan are technically Sub-Saharan. Though I do get your point being that there is more than one type of black African and that cacs always try to pigeonhole us into thinking there can be only one type of "true negro" and that everyone else is Caucasian. This is a classic white supremacist tactic.

Nonetheless check out my last post. I lay it out pretty clearly why the word Sub-Saharan is comical to use in reference with the Ancient Egyptians because around the time of the origin of Ancient Egypt, the Sahara was a lush savannah that had a lot of Africans living in it. These Africans were the ancestors of the Ancient Egyptians.

Thus even mentioning the word Sub-Saharan in this conversation is stupid. The better question is whether the Ancient Egyptians originated from a native population of black Africans. And the answer to that question is undoubtedly yes. There is no evidence of a non-African origin to the Ancient Egyptian civilization. In fact all evidence points to Ancient Egyptian originating from Africans who originally lived south of the Sahara Desert but migrated north about 10,000 years ago when the climate in North Africa changed and the Sahara Desert became a lush savannah. Then about 7,000 years ago the climate changed rapidly again turning the Sahara into a desert. This is what forced those Africans who originally came from the south to migrate to the only oasis left in North Africa at that time. And that place was the Nile Valley.

If anyone is interested in this, there is a great book by a white man named Robert Bauval called BLACK GENESIS: THE PREHISTORIC ORIGINS OF ANCIENT EGYPT.

Go check it out.

Curiously, how is Ethiopia "Sub-Saharan"? Does the Sahara even stretch to Ethiopia or its northern neighbour, Eritrea? As you've already said, the term "sub-Saharan" makes no sense.

I do believe in the Green Sahara population theory for settlement in Kemet (probably how they got cow-culture) though I think there was another migration up the Nile from what is now the Ethiopian Highlands - which would explain the Afro-Asiatic origins of the Nubians (prior to their Nilo-Saharan conquest) and Ancient Kemetians.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
geography's your friend. Use it. :francis:

No white boy I know geography quite well. But I also know history. Something you obviously don't. So here is some summer reading for your ignorant ass.

This is by a white man named Robert Bauval. It basically describes in more detail what I said in my last post.

The Ancient Egyptians are descended from a group of black Africans that originally came from the south (below what is the present day Sahara Desert). These black Africans moved into North Africa 10,000 years ago after climate change changed the bone dry Sahara Desert into a lush green Savannah with gigantic lakes, hippos, giraffes, and other large African animals. There are rock paintings in modern day Algeria describing this. It also shows the people who made those drawings looking like modern day Africans. Very tall and thin with long limbs and dark skin. Similar to modern day Masai and Somalians.

Then about 7,000 years ago the climate in North Africa changed rapidly again. The lush green Savannah in North Africa turned into the harsh Sahara Desert we see today. This forced the people who lived in Sahara to move. Some went back south. Others went to the Nile Valley which was still green. It was the confluence of all these black Africans in the Nile Valley because of climate change that spurred the rise of Ancient Egypt as a civilization.

If you want to be educated I would recommend reading that book.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
The Yoruba emerged from the "Yam Hearth" in what is now central Nigeria, around 2,000 years ago. How is that related to the ethno-genesis of Ancient Egyptians, which occurred some 8,000 years ago due to migrations from the Green Sahara, the Upper Nile and some light admixture from South-West Asians and Libyans (Berber tribes)
:mindblown:

In the study these ancient samples actually do have a detectable SSA ancestry close to levels of what modern Copts have, but their SSA ancestry isn't the same as Yoruba.

A better reference population should have been a modern population with ancient North-East African ancestry as the majority of their ancestral component.