Was this the most blatant display of subliminal racism ever in a cartoon?

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
mr-popo.jpg

tumblr_m97084KLmk1qdxoifo1_500.png

staff_officer_black_3537.PNG

Dbz224-10.jpg

(This was by far the most blatant one. They didn't even try to hide it in the dubbed version) :snoop:

I mean WHAT THE fukk!!?!? :why:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I don't know about this one. Vanessa Williams sung Colors of the Wind for Pocahontas and it hit the top 4 on the Billboard Top 100. It also won an Academy Award so maybe people weren't feelin that song like some of the others.
So, what I was getting at was that a black princess movie didn't get a good main song. But Frozen, Mulan and Pocohantas did.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Look at the Disney movie "The Princess And the Frog".
You might say to yourself, "Oh, Disney made a princess movie with a female black princess. Finally."
But wait, there's more. If you compare that movie to the other recent movies like "Mulan" and "Frozen", they all had songs that became very popular in the top 40. It got a Grammy nominations but didn't have a lot of pizzazz.
"Reflection" performed by Christina Aguilera was a big hit from the movie Mulan.
"Let It Go" performed by Idina Menzel was a big hit from "Frozen".
The song "Down In New Orleans" was the big hit of the movie "The Princess And The Frog", but that song is not even close to "Let It Go" in terms of popularity. You wonder if Disney was holding back.
Should have gotten Peabo Bryson again

The Special Man

Let’em have it
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA 9th Ward
Look at the Disney movie "The Princess And the Frog".
You might say to yourself, "Oh, Disney made a princess movie with a female black princess. Finally."
But wait, there's more. If you compare that movie to the other recent movies like "Mulan" and "Frozen", they all had songs that became very popular in the top 40. It got a Grammy nominations but didn't have a lot of pizzazz.
"Reflection" performed by Christina Aguilera was a big hit from the movie Mulan.
"Let It Go" performed by Idina Menzel was a big hit from "Frozen".
The song "Down In New Orleans" was the big hit of the movie "The Princess And The Frog", but that song is not even close to "Let It Go" in terms of popularity. You wonder if Disney was holding back.

The real question I was asking about that movie is why couldn't the prince be dark skinned? You could use the excuse and say he's creole cause its in New Orleans but just saying that no one ever brings that up when you talk about the movie. :mjpls: