Was the garbage Main Event of wrestlemania 2000 worth the GOAT payoff at Backlash 2000?

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does everyone say the payoff comes at mania? So you want the mania main event to be predictable as fukk? Fans are such pussies that they can't have a bad guy win the main event at mania? It's like the people that bytch about any movie that isn't a happily ever after ending

• Dap
Reactions: L68

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank god austin and taker returned. And they put guys like jericho and benoit in main event

That HHH 20 minute promo every damn monday night. And played out dx with tori and steph to make it worse. And they didnt even act like dx anymore.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Thank god austin and taker returned. And they put guys like jericho and benoit in main event

That HHH 20 minute promo every damn monday night. And played out dx with tori and steph to make it worse. And they didnt even act like dx anymore.

Chill Hunter did a good job as champ but u can thank mick Foley :yeshrug:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I always figured that WWF didn't really give a shyt about WrestleMania that year since they were on fire and it was basically a guranteed 800k buys, so why not just mail that in and shoot for a super high buyrate for Backlash on top of that?:yeshrug:

And Backlash wound up being the most successful B-PPV ever :wow:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I was randomly watching the Raw episode when ECW/WCW joined forces with Heyman, Shane and then Steph and he ended the show screaming something about the sins of the father have costed us all.

I was just like damn :wow:
Yup, I remember the exact call.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON OUR WWF SOULS! :damn:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If the Backlash main event happened at WM, WM 2000 would still be talked about today. :francis:
This sounds ridiculous but it probably would be known as goat tier. Triangle ladder match, Rock vs HHH with the same finish, big show would face mankind probably in a massive stunt show, it would be a fire ass ppv.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does everyone say the payoff comes at mania? So you want the mania main event to be predictable as fukk? Fans are such pussies that they can't have a bad guy win the main event at mania? It's like the people that bytch about any movie that isn't a happily ever after ending

I agree.. I like the Wm ending cause I was rooting for the heel hhh.. I loved when the crowd was pissed and silenced

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If Wrestlemania is somewhat designed to be a coronation of a guy (Even if Rock was sharing in Austin's era) then everything about the main event at Backlash should have been the main event of Mania right down to even Austin making an appearance in some capacity.
But I think during the attitude era and Monday Night Wars, it was more focused on the week to week, PPV to PPV that didnt matter if you sacrificed a bigger event for a payoff later.