Was The Aeropostale/Hollister/Abercrombie Era The WOAT Fashion Era Among Blacks

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
In the mid to late 90s i was all about the island shirts with the airwalk sneakers. Then polo and tommy hillfiger thanks to rae and ghost. Then i started rocking skate gear. Like world industris/blind shirts, droors jeans, and es and dc shoes. Back then that shyt was fresh as hell.

I had my little du rag era too in late 2003-2004.

I had a nice little Aeropostale/Abercrombie run when I first got to college, 05-07... My best friend used to work at Hollister, we used to stay in jeans & polos from there. Last couple years and post grad I went full sneakerhead with graphic tees, hoodies, denim, and exclusive sneakers. The shoe game died in like 2011-12 tho and my look kind of matured into what is is now...

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
You had new generation LA bloods & Crips rocking that shyt

:laff: it look like they finally let black people model their gear,
11111605_1.jpg

I always wanted one of the hoodies that zipped over the face.

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Naw, Ralph Lauren isn't out of style, I have a bunch of shirts. I was thinking more of the USPA and Beverly Hills polo types :pachaha: When I was 10th grade like 3 years ago, the Welding teacher walked in class with a shirt like this

beverly-hills-polo-club-white-polo-shirt-product-1-15200649-279207582_large_flex.jpeg

the logo was huge as hell and the class fell out laughing :dead:

i think those type of Polo's are still dope though.:manny:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Super baggy era was worst, but neither was a good look for us.
U just gotta grow up, stop riding waves and just get your own look n grow it out.

I never rocked Hollister or A&F, but was rocking Naked and Famous, and still do today.
Keep my sneakers simple, and require a fresh pair of wheat Timbs and black suede Timbs on deck for the casual, with Monks and Oxfords for the more dapper occasion.
Nothing bright and gaudy, just simple and fitted to hold well.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
shyt was kind of sad looking back how we deviated from not only urban brands , but just how we assembled our gear to damn near dressing like cacs from dawson creek and shyt smh , shyt was an atrocity moe

It's up there , but atleast the rockstar shyt was some form of rebellion type shyt ... that surfboarding shyt was suede soft
I think it looked better

And that rockstar shyt was CAC style too. Jersey Shore dudes were on that Christian Audigier bullshyt first.

If urban brands could get closer to fitting nicely and away from wack designs centered around brand display they could do better. Its not the 90s.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Yes by far. Didnt think it would sink any lower after the rockstar/ed hardy era. And it did :snoop:

Actually no, the rockstar era was worse(nikkas wearing mohawks :scust: ) but the hollister era is 2nd woat
I hate when Black ppl wear shyt like that.

I also hate when they wear those t-shirts with rock bands on em.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
I like this time better maybe it's bcuz I'm older and don't feel the need to follow trends

I still rock slim straight Levi's
One colored polos (usually black,blue,red or white)
And any kind of nike's or adidas
Retro J's are just played tf out to me
I just keep it simple