Was The Aeropostale/Hollister/Abercrombie Era The WOAT Fashion Era Among Blacks

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
I'm from DC and damn near every nikka I knew dressed like this at one point:

30kw2g8.jpg

Can't lie as a teen/early twenties I fukked with nikkas heavily who looked like this lol

shyt was kind of sad looking back how we deviated from not only urban brands , but just how we assembled our gear to damn near dressing like cacs from dawson creek and shyt smh , shyt was an atrocity moe

:leostare: Where are you from?

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I'm from DC and damn near every nikka I knew dressed like this at one point:

30kw2g8.jpg

Can't lie as a teen/early twenties I fukked with nikkas heavily who looked like this lol

:leostare: Where are you from?
I know niccas who still dress like that currently .. but on the low tho ... that attire lite fly tho
&
Bronx , NY lol

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Nah the hollister/aeropostatle/a&f era wasn't as bad as the over sized white tie,saggy jeans +forces era. Plus it didn't last nearly as long nor have as big of impact in all urban regions like the baggy clothes era did.

shyt even the ed hardy/blac label era in the later parts of the 00s wasn't as bad the baggy clothes era ...looking back at it. I cringe less at my ed hardy/blac label/trues photos than I do my oversized Ts, the two-toned du-rag out in public and baggy ass jeans photos.:snoop:

A lot of nikkas in DC/Chicago/NYC still dress like this tho

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:scust: Looking back at my myspace and early facebook photos shyt really might be a contender .... hood niccas sporting surfboarding apparel and shyt smh , it truly was a travesty I'm glad it came to a closure
Dawg...i really dont understand why black people ever fukked with those brands even with all of their HIGHLY DOCUMENTED cases of racism with the owners and with employees. And with the models.

They was basically saying "we dont want you n*****s wearing our clothes" and black folks still wore them. :snoop: