Was Shooter McGavin really a villain from the start or did Happy Gilmore drive him to madness?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
tumblr_o5nxgqqZgN1qgxy6bo1_500.gif

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
here you have the best player in the world about to receive his coronation among the greats and in comes this sideshow novelty act who hogs up all the attention and makes a mockery of the sport.

was he a bit smug? sure, absolutely. but that was he really a BAD guy???

in the beginning shooter reached out to happy as a friend and a peer. even let him in on the "secret of the pros". just some harmless ribbing they put all the new golfers through. unfortunately happy doesn't see the humor in this and interprets this as a declaration of war.

then after losing the post tournament media battle (despite winning).... he even tries to give happy some soundful advice. tells him to become a professional long driver so that he might make some decent money.:ehh:

once again happy interprets this as a declaration of war.

all shooter wanted was to be recognized as one of the greats and for the media not to be sidetracked by this goofy slacker who never paid his dues and didn't respect the sanctity of the sport. you had loud, obnoxious fans yelling during play, you had the constant outrages, etc. he even begged the PGA president in private to kick happy off the tour.... not out of jealousy... but because he felt it was a disgrace to the game.

but it came to no avail. before long happy was the most popular player in golf and the face of the sport was completely changing. golf - and it's fans - were now a circus. only after seeing the world collapse around him did shooter begin calling for desperate measures. that's when it became personal. not because he wanted to hurt happy, but because he wanted him to leave golf and never come back. he was doing it for the love of the game.

original.jpg
Straight up, this is a thread you make when your high as fukk. contemplating happy gilmore, wtf? :russ:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I was going to say tempted to neg but you lowkey had good points. He was still a dikk tho

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always felt like Shooter outshined adam sandler in this. Everybody in my circle disagreed with me
of course he did

sandler wasn't actually that funny, he just played himself :deadjay:. i mean he wasnt bad or anything but mcdonald was easily the better performance