Was Rocky stupid for fighting Ivan Drago for free?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk

His speech at the end of the fight seemed the opposite of propaganda at the time

"I came here tonight
and I didn't know what to expect
I've seen a lot of people hatin me and
I didn't know what to feel about that
so I guess I didn't like you much
then either

During this fight,
I seen a lot of changing
The way yous felt about me
and the way I felt about you
In here there were 2 guys
killin each other, but I guess
thats better than 20 million
What I'm trying to say is
If I can change
and you can change
Everybody can change
..."

An American dude beating up a giant Russian in Russia while wearing American flag shorts and then giving a rousing speech whilst draped in the American flag and then getting a standing ovation for it, all this after training for the fight using nothing but good ol fashioned hard work, whilst his opponent uses dastardly non American methods like drugs, technology and sparring sessions :comeon:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate those damn movies. I can't understand that mumbling fukk. The "boxing" is garbage too.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
An American dude beating up a giant Russian in Russia while wearing American flag shorts and then giving a rousing speech whilst draped in the American flag and then getting a standing ovation for it, all this after training for the fight using nothing but good ol fashioned hard work, whilst his opponent uses dastardly non American methods like drugs, technology and sparring sessions :comeon:

:lolbron:

To be fair, Stallone at the time had a huge fan base in Russia, in many European countries in fact.

At one time he had Rocky 4 and Rambo 2 out just months apart and both opened up at number 1 in the US and around the world.