Was plant based meat a fad?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
im-605241

:unimpressed:

How many people out there are still pretending to enjoy pea protein shaped and colored like meat?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yes, all "new" food is a fad. Humans have been on earth for 300 thousand years. We have had plenty of time to discover everything we like to eat from all the edible resources on earth.
anything new likely went undiscovered for a reason.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
I think the issue is that when it first came out it was labeled a good alternative. It wasn't known until later on that that shyt wasn't healthy. I don't mind the taste of it but if it is less healthy than real beef then I'm going to eat real beef. It also doesn't help that it's expensive. It's still a great alternative for people that don't eat meat on some save the animal type agenda but it's far from healthy.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I think the issue is that when it first came out it was labeled a good alternative. It wasn't known until later on that that shyt wasn't healthy. I don't mind the taste of it but if it is less healthy than real beef then I'm going to eat real beef. It also doesn't help that it's expensive. It's still a great alternative for people that don't eat meat on some save the animal type agenda but it's far from healthy.
It was known then that eating a chemically engineered fake meat patty wasnt a healthier alternative. It was just an alternative.

Maquina

Banned
Daps

I think what you're saying is false but would like to see if you feel like expounding on what you mean.

it costs the same as most premium burger patties, so not as cheap as winn dixies ground beef but on par with other beef patties. And while all of this is "unhealthy" in excess - it's far more healtheir than meat except the sodium. Which I just looked up is about 16% of your daily max - so while it's bad it's not that crazy.