Was Method Man right about 2pac's acting in Above the Rim?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yea it was first time director dealing with him coming out of jail.

However, even though it might have threw his acting off a bit. He did write Pain afterwards :ehh:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Meth was pretty damn good in this new flick How I Learned To Fly.

That movie was a difficult watch though :mjcry:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Bullet is one of pacs best movies because the cast was just insane and mickey rourke put on a classic. Pac was a dope villain in that even if the whole film is overacted. Still love it.

I also liked gridlocked a lot with roth.

Meths best acting was that scene with Maggie gypenhal in the deuce when he tries to get her to hoe for him and he makes her cry.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I'm sorry---I just can't take Meth critiquing someone else's acting seriously lol. His work on shows like Blue Bloods, Law & Order:SVU + more is straight knee slappin' work (and it's not pose to be 😂 )

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even as a Pac stan there was something about his performance that wasnt all the way right for me. He should have stole the movie but he didnt. :mjcry:

Dont get me wrong I thought he was solid, but there was something off compared to Juice and Poetic Justice. Although its possible the rape allegations may have been bothering him. Above the rim filmed from October 18th to late November. He was charged in November.

I disagree with him big time on Gridlock'd. Meth says he could see scenes where Pac phoned it cause he kicked it all night. Saw it as jarring when compared to his other scenes that were brilliant in the film.

Thats still 2pac's best performance for me.

Where is Ghost when you need him to tell this man to stfu?

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Method Man couldn’t even Method act as a scarecrow. Da fuq is he to critique anyone’s acting? :mjlol: :wtf::camby:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
People forget pac was early 20s making them movies method man begin acting in his early 30s

This was method man acting in his 20s

TBF I think he was trying to relate to Pac. In saying that in his 20s he wasnt taking it as serious either which is why he says he could tell certain scenes he must have partied the night before.

I still disagree with him on other Pac movies though.