Was Method Man right about 2pac's acting in Above the Rim?

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Even as a Pac stan there was something about his performance that wasnt all the way right for me. He should have stole the movie but he didnt. :mjcry:

Dont get me wrong I thought he was solid, but there was something off compared to Juice and Poetic Justice. Although its possible the rape allegations may have been bothering him. Above the rim filmed from October 18th to late November. He was charged in November.

I disagree with him big time on Gridlock'd. Meth says he could see scenes where Pac phoned it cause he kicked it all night. Saw it as jarring when compared to his other scenes that were brilliant in the film.

Thats still 2pac's best performance for me.

Pac had alot of shyt going on filming Above The Rim... The Rape Charge and all... There were times where they had to fill in for him and put a look alike on some scenes towards the end

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
To keep it a bean Pac really wasn’t that good in above the rim, bullet, and gridlock

Last two were post rape charge I believe so he had some low roles but he played a terrible drug addict.

In above the rim he was trying too too hard to be boss hog gangsta. Not like Bishop which felt natural. You can tell he was hanging out with street cats like Haitian jack for that role

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always thought people overate pac as an actor.

Not because he didn’t have talent. But he didn’t really get to ldevelop. Like Jamie was good to me but when he did Ray It was next level.

Pac didn’t get to those opportunities yet. He did great with bishop. But bishop wasn’t acting. Pac was really that crazy dude that was willing to set it off

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
2Pac had potential to become an amazing actor. It was his first passion and was clearly using Hip-Hop as a gateway to Hollywood stardom. I do believe as he matured into full on adulthood he would have become a legit respected star actor. He wasn’t at his peak as an actor but you could see how charismatic he was on screen. He was working his way towards being offered legit lead roles in major films down the line…

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Gridlockd is one of the worst scripts ever saved by some great acting from Roth PAC and Thandie Newton. Movie would have been even worse with differ actors. He was great in Poetic Justice, Above the Rim and Juice. Also really good in Gridlockd and Gang related. Didn’t really care for Bullet
To me Bullet was his worst performance. However, I think thats the role he was playing while awaiting to be sent to prison.
To keep it a bean Pac really wasn’t that good in above the rim, bullet, and gridlock

Last two were post rape charge I believe so he had some low roles but he played a terrible drug addict.

In above the rim he was trying too too hard to be boss hog gangsta. Not like Bishop which felt natural. You can tell he was hanging out with street cats like Haitian jack for that role
Disagree about Gridlockd. He was playing the most "together" addict of the crew.