Was Method Man right about 2pac's acting in Above the Rim?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Even as a Pac stan there was something about his performance that wasnt all the way right for me. He should have stole the movie but he didnt. :mjcry:

Dont get me wrong I thought he was solid, but there was something off compared to Juice and Poetic Justice. Although its possible the rape allegations may have been bothering him. Above the rim filmed from October 18th to late November. He was charged in November.

I disagree with him big time on Gridlock'd. Meth says he could see scenes where Pac phoned it cause he kicked it all night. Saw it as jarring when compared to his other scenes that were brilliant in the film.

Thats still 2pac's best performance for me.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
birdie>>>bishop
Birdie was tougher than Bishop, but better performance? Nah

Now that I think about it 2pac's best performances are when he worked with very skilled directors in John Singleton Ernest dikkerson and Vondie Curtis Hall (also an actor).

Above the Rim's director only other known movie was Booty Call.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Even as a Pac stan there was something about his performance that wasnt all the way right for me. He should have stole the movie but he didnt. :mjcry:

Dont get me wrong I thought he was solid, but there was something off compared to Juice and Poetic Justice. Although its possible the rape allegations may have been bothering him. Above the rim filmed from October 18th to late November. He was charged in November.

I disagree with him big time on Gridlock'd. Meth says he could see scenes where Pac phoned it cause he kicked it all night. Saw it as jarring when compared to his other scenes that were brilliant in the film.

Thats still 2pac's best performance for me.

That's on the director.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Marlon Wayans>>>>Bernie

Marlon better than Bernie?

giphy.webp