Was Mass Effect 3 The Biggest Missed Layup In Gaming History? (Spoilers)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
For me? Yes. Though fwiw, I was basically a renegade the entire time. So you know, my opinion my vary an all that.

1 v 1'ing that reaper, not seeing the turian homeworld but the moon, playing frogger hopping from one system to the next, talking to your manifestation of PTSD and reaper indoctrination in the form of a child, cerberus somehow becoming the second biggest threat to the galaxy overnight, your rival being a lame cyborg ninja, etc? :patrice:

idk that seems kinda wack. don't think it all went to shyt right at the end out of nowhere.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
3 had issues prior to the ending but the ending was so negatively received it eclipsed all of that.

And honestly, had they nailed the ending....nobody would give a fukk about the issues prior to that.

Anyway, the whole dark matter sub-plot they touched on during Tali's loyalty mission, was supposed to be the whole plot for the series, and the reason the Reapers exist.
The writer of that left, and for some bizarre reason they decided to throw all that ground work in the bushes. Which is why, ending aside, the explanation for the Reapers is :patrice:
in 3 and the DLC.

Then Casey Hudson, who wasn't even a writer, took over writing the ending....and well, you know what happened.

As far as people getting into the series later, and their opinion on all of this....

From day 1 (hell, honestly day 0, because there was test footage of this game long before it came out)....it was marketed as "your choices matter". That was the entire point of the new IP.

If you got into the games late, then you didn't have it hammered into your head that choices would matter.

It would be like "GTA6" coming out, and you can't steal cars any more. If the rest of the game was cool an entirely new player probably wouldn't care, or notice.

But to everyone else, it would definitely matter.

Fred.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
1 v 1'ing that reaper, not seeing the turian homeworld but the moon, playing frogger hopping from one system to the next, talking to your manifestation of PTSD and reaper indoctrination in the form of a child, cerberus somehow becoming the second biggest threat to the galaxy overnight, your rival being a lame cyborg ninja, etc? :patrice:

idk that seems kinda wack. don't think it all went to shyt right at the end out of nowhere.

hmm okay. I understand and respect that. With that in mind, i'll actually give it a new playthrough and take some notes. I design games as a hobby now so i'm a bit more "aware" to flaws in games now for better or for worse

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think 2 was the best game in the series but I was absolutely fine with 3 and how it ended…if anything andromeda completely soured me on having any real hope for 4 providing us with what 2 and 3 did…I actually forgot it was in the works til I read this thread…my expectations are as low as can be
Andromeda needs to be looked at as a spin off instead of a continuation. The combat was the best in the series, and being able to wear the N7 armor and use the weapons from the trilogy is great too.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I just hope ME4 is dope and they bring back Sheppard in a dope way :wow:, and they do NOT fukk it up:martin:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
I started the series late. I bought the trilogy edition for PS3 (side note, i miss those type of game collections)

That credit glitch in part 1 @ the citadel. Playing with full powers & armor that early is a must

IMO, 2 had the best story from start to finish (shout out to Billie Eilish mom for saving the crew during the Suicide Mission)

3 was also good, but i can see why people didn't like the endings

And like i said before on here, i didn't mind Andromeda & wanted a sequel. The Quarian Ark cliffhanger needs to be resolved

:wtb: