Was Listening to Issac Hayes on Youtube and Was Recommended this Japanese 80's Artist [Check Update]

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sade was considered yuppie music in the 80’s, she was criticized for it - new wave was also seen as upscale and promoted a certain lifestyle

I don’t think that applies to RNB, quiet storm only promoted themes around love and love making (fukkin’)

City Pop was music exclusively for that lifestyle and driving around in your nice car in Hong Kong at night - that lifestyle went away, so did the music

I'm talking 80s RnB, not new Jack swing or hop-hip soul. There's an old article interviewing Andre Harrell that talks about the coming transition at that time from the upscale, happy time image of singers in nice suits singing about mature love, to the more street sounds and subject matter of new Jack swing and hip hop. RnB even took this swing to more freaky music and less mature love subjects. This was what Ralph Tresvant was a victim of. Should have made that transition when he went solo.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
TOSHIKI KADOMATSU remade his classic 1987 album "Sea is a lady" last year:

(1987 version)

cover.jpg

born of fire

sherri martel stan account
Supporter
Daps
Ayumi’s boom bap era isn’t highly HIGHYLY underrated
finally, someone i can talk to about this :blessed: this era was my favorite of her's, along with duty. her voice wasn't all high and screechy like her other albums :hhh: i liked a song for xx too

how do you feel about namie amuro?

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
finally, someone i can talk to about this :blessed: this era was my favorite of her's, along with duty. her voice wasn't all high and screechy like her other albums :hhh: i liked a song for xx too

how do you feel about namie amuro?

I like sweet 19 blues but anything after 2000 was pure j pop which I can’t stand.

Jazz influenced Japanese music is amazing that is half the reason cowboy bebop was so good it was the music

I think crystal Kay if she was full
Japanese she would have gotten the same push Namie, Ayumi and Utada got.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thread sent me looking for old music on youtube and uhhhhh

:heh:

:mjpls:

I googled this mf

In Italy, he scored a major hit in 1967 with "La pelle nera"[3] (the French version is "Je voudrais être un noir" ["I'd like to be a black man"][4]). This soul song, with its quasi-revolutionary lyrics imploring a series of Ferrer's black music idols to gift him their black skin for the benefit of music-making, achieved long-lasting iconic status in Italy.[5]

:dahell:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Was listening to Hung on My Baby by Issac Hayes and was recommended this video. Never heard of her and listened to it out of curiosity. I was shocked. The music at least is pretty dope chillout jazz tune.Could imagine listening to this on a late night drive and feeling relaxed.

:leon: Someone needs to sample this shyt. The intro is pretty chill and sounds good. Of course I don't understand a word she says after that.
@Fatboi1

Got some decent Jazz guitar in there at 3 minutes in. Figured I share since I felt I found a little gem.

:mjlit:

@TEKBEATZ @xCivicx @Ace of the Metropolitan @KushSkywalker