Was I the only one who thought the sister on 'Coming to America' looked much better than the love-

Was I the only one who thought she was better looking

• Yes

Votes: 53 54.6%
  • Hell No!!

Votes: 32 33.0%
  • Now that I think about it u right

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
coming-to-america-allison-dean51.jpg

070915-centric-entertainment-bombshells-Allison-Dean.jpg
:ohhh: In the 2nd pic she looks like someone @beaniemac "knows". :laugh:

They made her have a bad personality in the movie, but she looks just as good as Lisa:ehh:

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
It's funny when ever a Black man think a brown skin woman is more attractive than a lighter skin woman it's a colorism battle.

But if a Black Man says the reverse it business as usual and simply a "preference".

Preferences are cool until you prefer darkskin.

I don't think the main character was unattractive but if other Black men with varying preferences found other Black women in the film more appealing what's the beef?

Y'all get mighty defensive and want to pull ya capes out anytime a Black man doesn't follow the Light Is right mentality and doesn't automatically put every light skin woman on a pedestal.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
The sister just came off like a good one night stand given her energy. She seems like she’d be more fun than Lisa but they both look good imho.
That's an angle that Darkskin women get in film a lot.
The " fun girl" role. It's cool to date her and sow your oats but when it's time for a serious relationship you need to go find a " good girl" aka someone lighter.

Or we get typecast as " gold diggers" because we dare have standards in a relationship. Darkskin women are supposed to accept any Black man that comes there way and " build them up".

It's all BS and conditioning.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
That's an angle that Darkskin women get in film a lot.
The " fun girl" role. It's cool to date her and sow your oats but when it's time for a serious relationship you need to go find a " good girl" aka someone lighter.

Or we get typecast as " gold diggers" because we dare have standards in a relationship. Darkskin women are supposed to accept any Black man that comes there way and " build them up".

It's all BS and conditioning.
The movie "Sprung" is a great example of this. The damn poster was blatant as fukk:mjlol:
220px-SprungMoviePoster.jpg