Was Batman vs Superman that bad ?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not the worst film ever made, it wasn't even the worst movie to come out that year, but it was still very poorly made. The movie lacks and internal logic and has a bunch of plot holes. The directors cut is a bit better, but not enough to make it a good film. Zach Snyder's visuals are world class, but he's a god awful storyteller and that weakneess is fully on dislplay with Batman V Superman.

Man of Steel was a better made film (and I say that as someone that hates that movie). Suicide Squad is more entertaining than Batman V Superman, but it's easily the most poorly made DCEU film to date.

Expectations really hurt Batman V Superman too. You had people claiming it was going to be one of the greatest comic book movies ever made and that it'd "easily" make over a billion dollars.

All of this.

It also fails to frame the titular fight in an interesting way. The reason the relationship works in the comics is because Superman and Batman both want the same thing (To save lives, be good, and help the citizens) but they go about it differently.

Superman tells criminals why what they did is wrong, scolds you, and wants you to be better. Batman spanks your ass, puts you in timeout, and teaches you by showing you the consequences of your wrongdoing. Superman does his good in the open and Batman does his at night.

Superman isn't built up as likable, relatable, or an icon that inspires others to do good. Dude is gloomy the entire damn movie and his scene of him saving people is like the most depressing montage ever. There's no contrast. They're both muted, edgy, and try to be "badass".

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
So the XMEN apocalypse movie was REALLY good , I actaulty enjoyed it WAYYYYY more than Batman Vs Superman

9.5/10:ehh:

I read jubilee was in the movie but didn't notice :francis:

Edit : I haven't seen a XMEN movie since the first one came out :dead:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Its truly amazing how Civil War and this both had shytty, convoluted awful plots. Only difference is Marvel has capital to do that while DC is just getting off the ground. JL is make or break for them

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
I mean you started by saying you liked Suicide Squad....so BvsS may actually be good you.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
It's a good movie. 8/10. It's a victim of a heavy handed, marketing-centric studio feeling the pressure to fast track a cinematic universe. It tried to tell too many stories and lay too much ground work.

Stylistically, the movie was beautiful, and Ben Affleck delivered the best live action Batman yet...aside from all the killing.