Warren G responds to Suge Knight's claims that Snoop Dogg and Kurupt were his ghostwriters on his debut album "Regulate... G Funk Era,"

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Dre (Warren’s own stepbrother) prevented him from signing on and basically told him he was on his own. :francis:

Does anyone know why Dre didn’t rock with Warren G?

I also found it odd that Warren big up’d Snoop constantly on that Regulate album but Snoop wasn’t on it.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
0:40 so they were uncredited ghostwriters :unimpressed:

Takes seconds to google the songs and see both were credited:
Jv8F7gs.png

Jv82kaj.png

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
On the real they ain't got shyt to say about anything in the 2000s on up. It's like dudes who peaked in high school still talking about it 30 yrs later. Some straight Al Bundy and his "4 touchdown game"shyt.
I think the point is for people to remember this is showbiz, nothing is as it appears. We have people trying to live up to what they hear and see, when it’s all entertainment.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone know why Dre didn’t rock with Warren G?

I also found it odd that Warren big up’d Snoop constantly on that Regulate album but Snoop wasn’t on it.

Dre is picky with who he works with, and only works with who he feels is dope.

Actions speak louder than words. Dre works with who he wants to work with. It’s speculation on my part, but I really don’t believe he thought Warren was that dope.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
So?

:yeshrug:

Every artist has help is my point. You live in a fantasy if you believe otherwise.

You get called out for posting chatty patty false gossip and your response is “So?”…

:gucci:

You must not interact with nikkas in real life

Sometimes it’s not worth addressing bullshyt, but a reputable source is also saying Kendrick has help and he’s known for being right about things long before the mainstream catches wind of it.

Like i said, all of the greats have help. Even Jay Z has been exposed for “borrowing” whole songs and rhyme schemes/styles.

IMG-7384.jpg

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Sometimes it’s not worth addressing bullshyt, but a reputable source is also saying Kendrick has help and he’s known for being right about things long before the mainstream catches wind of it.

Like i said, all of the greats have help. Even Jay Z has been exposed for “borrowing” whole songs and rhyme schemes/styles.

IMG-7384.jpg
Lol@glossing over the fact you are willingly posting misinformation and trying to focus on the industry using ghostwriters. Everybody knows people use ghostwriters. That doesn’t change the fact you were posting misinformation.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Lol@glossing over the fact you are willingly posting misinformation and trying to focus on the industry using ghostwriters. Everybody knows people use ghostwriters. That doesn’t change the fact you were posting misinformation.

I used a bad example BUT MY ORIGINAL POINT STILL STANDS, which was:

The DOC wrote all of Snoop’s early rhymes. RBX wrote some of Dre’s rhymes on the Chronic. Cube wrote Eazy E’s early rhymes. Etc… No one cares at this point because the music was dope and performed well by the “artists” who took credit for the work.

:yeshrug:

Stop trying to make the example supporting the point, my point. The foundation of my argument isn’t arguable unless you’re a goofy who believes the smoke and mirrors are real. It’s entertainment. Stop worshipping these celebrities as infallible geniuses.

Debating on this forum is like talking to a teenaged girl who can’t keep up sometimes. You want to argue about the last word I said instead of the overall point. Goofy ass nikka.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I used a bad example BUT MY ORIGINAL POINT STILL STANDS, which was:

Stop trying to make the example supporting the point, my point. The foundation of my argument isn’t arguable unless you’re a goofy who believes the smoke and mirrors are real. It’s entertainment. Stop worshipping these celebrities as infallible geniuses.

Debating on this forum is like talking to a teenaged girl who can’t keep up sometimes. You want to argue about the last word I said instead of the overall point. Goofy ass nikka.
Wait a sec…

Your point is that people in the industry use ghostwriters?

Is there anybody arguing against you?

Is there anybody who doesn’t know this?

Your false example is the only thing in your post worth replying to because your “point” is already universally understood. Did you think you were saying something nobody had ever heard before? Lol

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Wait a sec…

Your point is that people in the industry use ghostwriters?

Is there anybody arguing against you?

Is there anybody who doesn’t know this?

Your false example is the only thing in your post worth replying to because your “point” is already universally understood. Did you think you were saying something nobody had ever heard before? Lol
Yeah jackass. I thought I was saying something groundbreaking *sarcasm* or I was just saying that the G Funk era stars having ghostwriters and stealing that sound in the first place (from Above the Law) is old news.

:snoop:

I’ll let you off the hook with that. Nice one.

:umad:

Looks at thread title:

Warren G responds to Suge Knight's claims that Snoop Dogg and Kurupt were his ghostwriters on his debut album "Regulate... G Funk Era,"​

:comeon:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Low key Warren G helped Def Jam make an impact on the West Coast, with that said a lot of classic albums have ghost writers it doesn't take away how good a lyricist Warren G is.